Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rib Steak- iso the best way to make it...

baker1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:29 pm
I want to make rib steaks for supper tonight. How will it taste the best? I have an indoor grill, grill pan...

Suggestions please? Thank you!

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:31 pm
I've never made any of my steaks on my indoor grill. Maybe it does taste good, I just dont' have any experience with meat on it.I've always just broiled it in my oven. about 15 min on one side and aobut 5 on the other. I never put anything on it. If it's a good cut and fresh it just tastes delicious.

baker1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:35 pm
Thanks for your response! would love something with a little sauce maybe? Any ideas?

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:40 pm
I put sliced onions and alot of fresh garlic in the pan. then sprinkle salt, blackperpper, paprika and broil 15 minutes one side then turn over and put more spices make sure not to put too much. I also added bbq sauce from the glicks co. it was awesome.

mha3484

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:43 pm
I sear them in a very very hot frying pan and then finish under the broiler. We did this Simchas Torah night and it might become a new yom tov tradition.

mosma

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:36 pm
I do it in the oven on broil, too, but 9 min one one side and 7 on the other. doesn't 15 min on one side and 5 on the other make it really overdone?
sometimes I use a steak sauce on it, but usually just salt and pepper, or some steak seasoning. and I like putting sliced onions around it. then I serve it with baked beans and corn and a salad.

Basimcha

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 10:18 am
Just realized this -post....so I guess its too late for op.

We like best Rib Steak- just brush a little olive oil over steak and let sit a little in it. Then sprinkle some salt and broil first side for 7 min then turn and broil additional 5-7 min. Its Yum!

I am sure you can do the same in grill pan.

m2m

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 10:40 am
im not a big fan of steak and don't know how to make it but dh loves it. I don't have a seperate broiler and I keep my oven parve ( I double wrap eveything), so I couldn't grill it in my oven. How can I do it on the stove top? I have a gorge foreman grill but dh said it wouldn't be good to use because it would take out all the fatty juices and the steak would be dry. Any suggestions???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen