Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Attn Monsey residents

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 12:06 pm
What's the best way to look for a job? Is there a paper that has a lot of classifieds? The Yated and Hamodia just don't have.... Or does it go more by word of mouth? Thanks

mimishkl

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 12:10 pm
Community connections!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 12:16 pm
Are they only in print or also online?

happymami

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 1:12 pm
I get it for free in rockland kosher

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
Are they only in print or also online?

Call them up and tell them to add your name to their mailing list - theyll deliver it free by mail every Thurs/Fri

momto1

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:12 pm
They have PDF copy online. I'm not sure what the link is - lost it. Try calling them and asking how to access.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:53 pm
I've been looking for a job for a few months. It might take a few months to find something. I was terminated from my last position in Monsey because of the slowdown in the economy. So there are fewer jobs right now.

You can also try luach.com. They have job listings there, but not as many as in the community connections (even though right now there aren't that many listings to begin with).

If you don't find a job right away, you might consider babysitting. Babysitting in Monsey pays $10 an hour off the books, which is about the same starting salary as many local jobs.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:56 pm
I don't know if you have any job skills, but if you have a GED, you can go back to school to train for something that pays money.

There is a local college called Rockland Community College. If you don't have a GED, they can help you get it. If you do have a GED, you can train for medical billing or occupational therapy assistant. These jobs would pay more, but they require training.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if you have any job skills, but if you have a GED, you can go back to school to train for something that pays money.

There is a local college called Rockland Community College. If you don't have a GED, they can help you get it. If you do have a GED, you can train for medical billing or occupational therapy assistant. These jobs would pay more, but they require training.

OP here LOL I have a masters. But thanks for that info! I'm looking in the education/special education field

MMEC123

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 7:59 pm
A spec. ed. job is very difficult to fin in Monsey because there are so many people in the field. For education or special ed. I would recommend just calling/faxing your resume to all the schools in Monsey and see what's out there. They don't always advertise when they need someone but there are always teaching positions open.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 8:43 pm
OP here. ANyone with the link to the community connections? I tried googling but only came up with old ones

Chloe

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:47 pm
As far as I know they don't update their website weekly anymore. It's like IYamwhoIYam said, you have to call them and get your email on their mailing list and they email it to you weekly.

ichbindamama

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:57 pm
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/.....01/#0

runninglate

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:06 pm
anyone know if there are seit jobs to be gotten in monsey? Dh is always saying it wld for sure be much easier to get cases there. Not that im willing to move, just wondering if hes right.

elananh

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 12:35 pm
Im in same boat as original poster masters in spec ed. In monsey with no job...if anyone who posted here has suggestions or had luck finding something in local schools plz email me at moshe6602@gmail.com ty

CPenzias

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 12:44 pm
There's also the front page magazine that you can get free in Rockland Kosher or Wesley Kosher.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 12:47 pm
I dont think the link is active I think they just send out weekly attachment to link by email call them & give them your email address
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating