Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Occupational therapist jobs near Lakewood-with benefits?

newyorkmom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 12:09 pm
hi, I am considering moving to lakewood, however I need an OT job that will give me health insurance. I currently live in brooklyn and work for the Dept of Ed and get health insurance while working part time (21 hours a week in the minimum). I was wondering if anyone had info on the NJ DOE and if they offer the same. I realize the salary is less but it seems like the best option for OTs needing a stable job with benefits in NJ. How do I apply and find openings in school?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

SingALong

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 12:16 pm
Google nearby towns BOE websites, check out employment options. (Howell, brick, Lakewood, Jackson, toms river, freehold). There are also schools like schi, ladacin, childrens center of monmouth county, Rhodes, alpha, that I know of that employ OTs.

FYI you will need a NJ school certificate to work in any school setting in nj, google it by nj gov or nj doe sites, it can take 3 months to get, so apply for that first.

If you are willing to work in rehab there's tons of places here, care one in Jackson, wall, and holmdel are close. There are other snf s in the area, just don't know all of them.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 7:56 am
tender touch rehab

I worked for them a few years ago- frum company that contracts out to nearby nursng homes

newyorkmom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 8:41 am
Thanks, but I don't think those places offer health insurance when you work part time. am I correct?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:13 am
Care One offers part time therapists insurance if u work a certain number of hours (around 22-24 per week) but you MUST maintain those hours in order to keep it with no problems.

SingALong

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:18 am
I think most places require a minimum of about 20 hours per week to be eligible for insurance/benefits.

newyorkmom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:43 am
Anybody knw if nj board of education ( or any other pediatic setting) would provide health ins for partimers with min 20 hrs or only full time? I'm only interested in pediatrics at this pt.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:09 am
you can also contat CHEMED- they are a busy clinic here in town that provide alot of services; they might need an OT. Also, you can call the LCSC- a lakewood office that sets ppl up w/ services and therapies. They might be able to direct you.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating