Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tsniusdige Scrub Skirts
Previous  1  2

bobbe

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 3:36 pm
I appreciate all the input. There is a company called White Swan (available through a number of web sites) that has a 30" long skirt with an elastic waist, side seams and a kick pleat in the back. However, it's only 45" circumference at the bottom - not sure if that's with the kick pleat open or closed. They have another skirt that's 28" long with cargo pockets, along with the kick pleat, that's 46 3/4" circumference. That's the absolute shortest I'll go. I don't know why they have to make these skirts straight instead of a little flary A-line. You need room at the bottom to be able to move.

BTW, I had to wear a dress for the school uniform It was YUNCHEE! A nurse doesn't have to make a fashion statement, but the dresses they have for sale are pathetic. I really don't want to have to sew, but it looks like I just might. It even looks like I might have to design my own pattern!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 4:08 pm
You want to use poplin or raquet poplin, don't remember which weight is better. It's a blend, med. weight, and not sheer.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:38 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
Well, I'm surprised! Where I live, lots of nurses wear skirts, even in the emergency room (although I have no clue about the OR). I figured it would be no problem if the skirt matched with the uniform. Here the skirts are knee length, so a frum nurse would just need one a few inches longer without the slit.

every hospital is different. when I was a nursing student I was allowed to wear the school's nursing uniform. at the hospital I went to to make up a clinical day- they thought I was insane that I thought I could be in l & d without scrubs. the hospital I have my kids in- they wear regular uniform & the hospital I worked in, scrubs were required. usually if I have to wear scrubs, I find a long OR jacket to wear over my scrubs & tie it closed. The pants are probably simpler than the fact that you can't wear a shirt under the scrub top. The jacket took care of both problems.

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:05 pm
That's interesting. Here at several of the hospitals to which I've been they wear uniforms that look similar to flight attendant uniforms: tailored navy skirts or pants and a button-up blouse with a little patterned scarf thingy!

At least if you can wear the long OR coat, that sounds pretty good.

bobbe

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:52 pm
Different hospitals have different policies. Mine calls for white uniform, pants, skirts or culottes, and pastel or white tops. With white, navey or solid pastel cardigan-type sweater. So it doesn't have to be davka a scrub skirt, but it has to be white, washable, and have pockets.

When I did my labor and delivery rotation, we were also given scrubs by the hospital. I was lucky and got a dress, though it was a little shorter than I'm comfortable with. I wore a long sleeved white tee shirt under it, and no one said boo, even when I went into the OR to observe a c/section. I had to put on a cap, mask and booties, and a gown as well. On the other hand, a male classmate was called on the carpet for wearing a long sleeved shirt underneath. The gown was the best thing because OR's are freezing anyway.

chavamom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 12:27 am
Several of my jobs we had to wear very specific color scrubs. I actually figured out how to make my own skirts out of hospital issued scrub pants. If you want instructions, you can PM me. It wasn't hard at all.

greatfulmom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 11:46 am
http://www.pulseuniform.com/st.....D-707

tsniusdige scrub skirts. I tried them, the ADAR brand, and I sewed the slit in the back by hand.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics