Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Swimming lessons in Brooklyn for ds

lovemykids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 5:15 pm
I am looking for a place in Brooklyn to give my son swimming lessons. He is 5&1/2 years old. I live in Boro Park ad I don't want to take him to the Y. I would like to take him to a place that is very clean and very good for young kids. Any suggestions? He gets OT and he absolutely loves to swim so this would be a huge help for him too. I don't know where to look so I hope I can get some advice over here. Thanks in advance Smile

lovemykids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 7:52 pm
Bump. Anybody?

STovah

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:48 pm
I think in the spring there are swimming lessons given in Kingsway on Kings Hwy and Nostrand Avenue that people I know were happy with. I can't remember the name of the people who run the program, but perhaps someone else here will have some idea.

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 10:17 pm
Maybe yeled vyalda

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 10:40 pm
Anon cuz otherwise someone will know my sn.
I did my sons lessons by kinsbay yeshivah its on nostrnd and ave u. Loved it ! Small classes and he learnt very well. Prices were very reasonable too.
However, this place us CoEd and Tree might have female instructors as well. Also not all kids are Jewish.. And if they are.. Not relig. Ok not sure if this matters to you.
My son started his lessons when he was 3 and I got it over with before he even knew that its girls with him in class.

lovemykids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Anon cuz otherwise someone will know my sn.
I did my sons lessons by kinsbay yeshivah its on nostrnd and ave u. Loved it ! Small classes and he learnt very well. Prices were very reasonable too.
However, this place us CoEd and Tree might have female instructors as well. Also not all kids are Jewish.. And if they are.. Not relig. Ok not sure if this matters to you.
My son started his lessons when he was 3 and I got it over with before he even knew that its girls with him in class.

What age do you think I'd have to stop sending him with girls? Female instructors don't bother me for now. When you say small classes does that mean that it's not one on one? I do prefer to have one on one for him.

lovemykids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 11:08 pm
STovah wrote:
I think in the spring there are swimming lessons given in Kingsway on Kings Hwy and Nostrand Avenue that people I know were happy with. I can't remember the name of the people who run the program, but perhaps someone else here will have some idea.

I heard about this place and it sounded great but I'd like to send him for more than six weeks. I believe this program runs only for six weeks.

lovemykids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 11:08 pm
yidishmamma wrote:
Maybe yeled vyalda

They teach young kids?

curls

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 12:08 am
there are swimming lessons at the shulamith building
http://www.shalomdaycamps.com/shulamith.html

lovemykids

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 9:47 am
curls wrote:

Thank you. Do you know if they give one on one lessons or only class lessons?

curls

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 10:17 am
lovemykids wrote:
curls wrote:

Thank you. Do you know if they give one on one lessons or only class lessons?

Not sure but probably just at a higher rate per class. Call them.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 10:43 am
It's the Kingsbay Y, not yeshiva that has swimming lessons. The Kingsway Jewish center has apool, and there is someone who tents it out and gives lessons there. I used him for my boys a few years back. But he only f does it a few Weeks a year.

I currently have my boys at the bpy, they are doing great there, it's not the best pool around, but the people giving lessons do a great job. They also have one on one, it's forty dollars per half hour,.as opposed to ninety for eight Weeks.

You can also call up bya, they have a Sunday afternoon program for boys, add does the kingsway Jewish center. I.do think that both started already so it might be to late

TheBP Y, had new classes starting every few Weeks, that may be your best Betty even if it's not your first choice

lovemykids

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 12:31 pm
I called shulamis. I'm gonna give it a try Sunday. Thank you for your help Smile

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 8:19 pm
My kids took lessons at the Kings Bay Y. They had a great time and the instructors were really great. Try it out I would say.

lovemykids

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 8:50 pm
I took my son to Shulamis. I am very happy there. Thanks for all of your help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics