Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Spinoff: how long do you eat leftovers for?
Previous  1  2

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 3:31 pm
The only thing I occasionally have leftover beyond a Sunday lunch or something is kugel and a bit of chulent and I usually throw it out because dh does not eat ANY leftovers. I try to make exactly enough. I don't have guest often and even then I can guestimate pretty well.

I make the same thing every week: Fish, soup (and accompaniments), kugel, chulent, eggs, kishka and that's about it. What's there to be leftover? Occasionally, a slice of fish and I or dh will eat it shalosh seudos or sunday lunch. That's it.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 3:54 pm
Wednesday is kind of eewww already. We try to eat our Shabbos leftovers on Sunday night, and if we don't, then on Monday night.

ray family

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 3:59 pm
I'll feed my husband/kids leftovers till sun/maybe mon depending on what it is. I have a hard time throwing food out that s/o "might" eat. like, my husband says he'll eat leftover chicken on tues (he has yet to) so until I get to wed. I won't throw it out-unless I need the space

jaysmom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 4:13 pm
Tuesday latest. Then garbage.

abby1776

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 8:20 pm
I guess it depends what. Generally by Monday all the leftovers are gone. I can never eat chulent after shabbos, but DH has been known to eat it and serve it to the kids on Sunday.

Challah that is leftover that isnt eaten by Tuesday/Wed. I turn into baked french toast or some kind of bread pudding.

leafy salads go right into the garbage as green leaves wilt ASAP. Corn salad, or potato salad I would save and serve Sunday.

Kugels, I would reheat and serve Sunday or Monday.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking