Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Amother versus Username posts- why the difference?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 8:08 pm
I've posted questions with my Username and as Amother, and have always gotten more responses when posting as Amother. Considering that posters here seem to be more in favor of posters using their Usernames, why would that be?

Rolling Eyes

What's your thought?

technic

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 8:14 pm
my guess is ur amother questions were more exciting/controversial than the regular ones....is this true Question

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 8:37 pm
LOOKS LIKE AMOTHER SHOULD BE MAKING POLLS AND GUESSING GAME TYPE CONTESTS, AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:26 pm
technic wrote:
my guess is ur amother questions were more exciting/controversial than the regular ones....is this true Question

Must be.

lucky

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 9:21 am
I find when I post as amother, (and you don't know my background from previous posts) It definetly gets more responses. If I post under my screenname, it's like, 'Oh this is her view.' But if I'm anonymous, others also add their opinion.

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 9:30 am
I find that people get more controversial w/screen names as if they want to have the last say or just to get at you

The amother ones are somewhat more real and truthful in their thoughts.

Although I do alot of both postings anonymous is mostly so no one knows my bussiness and sometimes if I don't want someone to jump down my throat specifically.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 10:22 am
lucky wrote:
I find when I post as amother, (and you don't know my background from previous posts) It definetly gets more responses. If I post under my screenname, it's like, 'Oh this is her view.' But if I'm anonymous, others also add their opinion.

I think part of it might be, if it's an anonymous post, it might be from one of their Imamother familiar cronies, wheras if they see the poster's name, they know for sure it's not one of their buddies.

Rolling Eyes Go ahead and attack me on this, it's just a possible reason!

sysr

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 11:09 pm
I find it funny that so many people answered this post anonymously

miriam

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 11:24 pm
sysr wrote:
I find it funny that so many people answered this post anonymously

True, I agree.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 6:21 am
amother wrote:
lucky wrote:

I think part of it might be, if it's an anonymous post, it might be from one of their Imamother familiar cronies, wheras if they see the poster's name, they know for sure it's not one of their buddies.

Rolling Eyes Go ahead and attack me on this, it's just a possible reason!

Yes

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 9:55 am
Ah, that's just shtick.

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
I've posted questions with my Username and as Amother, and have always gotten more responses when posting as Amother. Considering that posters here seem to be more in favor of posters using their Usernames, why would that be?

Rolling Eyes

What's your thought?

I think if your amother post was not of the sensitive and very personal nature you should be warned and if doing it often, banned.

Mevater

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 10:15 am
Imaonwheels wrote:
amother wrote:

Rolling Eyes

What's your thought?

I think if your amother post was not of the sensitive and very personal nature you should be warned and if doing it often, banned.

Why shouldn't the poster be free to choose? Who gets hurt by a poster's anonymity? Why the bad feelings towards anonymous posters? Some of the most interesting and enjoyable threads were started anonymously. Had they not been allowed to be posted, Ima's would have lost out. Why would I care one way or another?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics