Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
BP or Flatbush Large/Plus Sized Clothing

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:05 pm
I am looking for a shop that sells nice Shabbos / Simcha type outfits like Brenda's but for larger sizes. Outgrew regular sized Stores Sad

SJcookie

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:08 pm
IDK if it's still open but the Anni Sez in Flatbush. I once went there with a relative of mine, and she found really nice outfits!
(The store is not exclusively tznius, but since many of their customers are frum, they carry a lot of tznius-friendly merchandise).

Yocheved84

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:12 pm
would you consider online stores? I've found a few interesting ones lately.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:36 pm
annie sez has bigger sized clothing? how big is big in your book? Confused

tiredmommy

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:52 pm
Unique Boutique. Lots of options and the owner is really good at fitting people. Also if you have one nearby Dress Barn is great. They are in NJ but I don't know if there are any in NY.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 4:58 pm
tiredmommy wrote:
Unique Boutique. Lots of options and the owner is really good at fitting people. Also if you have one nearby Dress Barn is great. They are in NJ but I don't know if there are any in NY.

Theres a dress barn on kings highway and coney. Not OP but im ooking for a long black skirt, not slinky that I can wear at home on shabbos so not to casual. Does anyone know where I can find one? Im like a size 16.

centurion

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 5:26 pm
unique boutique, mrs. k

SJcookie

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
annie sez has bigger sized clothing? how big is big in your book? Confused

If I recall correctly, there was a plus size section when we went 2 years ago.

wispalover

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 6:57 pm
is elzee plus still around?

mfb

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 7:32 pm
wispalover wrote:
is elzee plus still around?

yes they are

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 9:33 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions so far but is there a frum type store that will have lots of tznius and "in" and well made - as is right away to wear to a simcha type of thing that if I am willing to spend 300-500 on an outfit and can wear it that night as is?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:18 am
I bought one in Crown Heights on the corner of Montgomery Street and Kingston Ave in a store (NOT Top Fashion) that had long skirts outside on the rounders for $15.00
I was visiting the end of December but the man says he has them all the time.
I get so many compliments its embarrassing. I bought one in black and one in navy blue. (2X)
A real bargain!!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:28 am
I saw an ad in one of this week's publications that Wardrobe 2000 (BP, I think on 16th) was going out of business and selling out. I haven't been there in years (BH haven't needed those sizes anymore), but years ago they had really nice things. Might be worth checking out with the sale.

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:35 am
I went to Unique Boutique the day before a simcha. The salesgirl showed me straight to the dressing room, and brought in dresses and tops for me to try. I didn't even bother checking the size until I hung it in my closet! I felt good about myself, and I looked good too. Not easy when you're a size 18.

A few doors down, there is a seamstress named Galina who does a good job, and quickly.

Oh, and the prices were great.

wispalover

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions so far but is there a frum type store that will have lots of tznius and "in" and well made - as is right away to wear to a simcha type of thing that if I am willing to spend 300-500 on an outfit and can wear it that night as is?

elzee plus

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 3:12 pm
If you have the time, I'd try saks Fifth avenue online.
They have a good plus size selection with more fashionable clothing in plus sizes than I've seen elsewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics