Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Whats an average price for a tzniusdige bridal gown rental
Previous  1  2  3

tissues

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 9:06 am
1000 for gown and all accessories, but no alterations. The gown fit me beautifully! (I just needed a really padded bra LOL )

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 9:09 am
amother wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
I think my Gemach charged 180 but my mother gave an extra donation.
This included the gown, petticoat, veil and tiara.
It was brand new with tags and the owner allowed me to do whatever alteration I wanted to.
Alterations were a few hundered dollars. Besides for hemming, my dressmaker added beading and lace etc...(The Gemach owner was thrilled with the way it looked when I returned it to her.)

Are you talking about Ehrenfeld's? They are great. I got my daughters gown there for $250 brand new, included petticoats, veil, headpiece. She has a seamstress in the back who charged $100 for alterations.

Yes, but I took it to my own dressmaker.
It's an amazing Gemach. She's a doll to work with. My sil got hers there as well and it also came with the tags.

bbmom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 9:32 am
I don't think the point of this thread was to hash out the benefits of one over the other but I just want to say that I did go to all the amazing gemachs in Brooklyn and they did in fact have beautiful gowns, some with tags... in sizes 2,4,6 and maybe 8. I was a 14. Each gemach I went to had maybe 3 decent dresses in my size none of them what I wanted and not very flattering. I was also alone as my parents live oot so I was going to these places with friends and its just not the same as going with your mother.

I also went to Bridal Direct and they did not have a single gown on the rack in my size. They told me that if I would rent a gown from the rack it would cost $1000 but since they would have to make a gown for me it would be closer to $2000 ($1800 maybe). Then they had me try gowns that were way too small in order to see what style I wanted - seriously how is a size 14 girl supposed to get an idea of how a gown looks on her by trying on a size 6??

Bridal Couture was a whole different experience and truthfully it was worth every penny. I gave up other things in order to make room for that gown in the wedding budget and it was well worth it.

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 9:48 am
bbmom wrote:
I don't think the point of this thread was to hash out the benefits of one over the other but I just want to say that I did go to all the amazing gemachs in Brooklyn and they did in fact have beautiful gowns, some with tags... in sizes 2,4,6 and maybe 8. I was a 14. Each gemach I went to had maybe 3 decent dresses in my size none of them what I wanted and not very flattering. I was also alone as my parents live oot so I was going to these places with friends and its just not the same as going with your mother.

I also went to Bridal Direct and they did not have a single gown on the rack in my size. They told me that if I would rent a gown from the rack it would cost $1000 but since they would have to make a gown for me it would be closer to $2000 ($1800 maybe). Then they had me try gowns that were way too small in order to see what style I wanted - seriously how is a size 14 girl supposed to get an idea of how a gown looks on her by trying on a size 6??

Bridal Couture was a whole different experience and truthfully it was worth every penny. I gave up other things in order to make room for that gown in the wedding budget and it was well worth it.

My sister was also a size 14 at the time. She had similar experiences. Then we went to Ehrenfeld's- such an amazing gemach run by wonderful people. They had gowns with multiple zippers- labeled sizes 2 - 22!!! She wore a gorgeous new gown that still had the tags, and looked like a real princess. (And it was $100!)
When I was a kallah I went there and only there. Found a stunning gown that needed no alterations, and was told that the best way to wash it was by hand in the bathtub- not the cleaners. So my grand total for my gown was $100 (5 yrs ago).

Rodent

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 5:16 pm
Wow, so expensive just to loan a dress. I think I paid about $400 or $600 to borrow mine and all the veils, petticoats, tiara etc. It was adjusted entirely to fit me (whole body shape, not just a hem). But that was 8 years ago. Brooklyn but no idea where, someone took me there and I didn't know the area at the time.

ETA -- I was on the larger side too (not as large as I am now though!) I don't remember what size I was, probably a 14-16 or so. When I tried my dress on it was much too big and needed a lot of adjusting. I was uncomfortable with the whole experience but I got the dress sorted in one night and she did a good job so can't complain.

celesteno

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:20 pm
I also got my dress from Couture de Bride. It was amazing. For $1800 I got to completely design my own dress, the petticoats, veils and all alterations. She does amazing work and my dress was stunning. I still have people comment on my dress a couple years later.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:56 pm
2500 to rent a gown in BP that had been worn once... I think I got ripped off big time, but there definitely was some alterations that had to be done.... got headpiece and veil, too. this was about 4 years ago.

however, I went there b/c they were NICE to me. earlier, I had gone to a rental place in BP that was super-fancy but sooooooo rude. I don't do business w/ rudies.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics