Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
E-cards, sending and receiving

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 12:12 pm
Do you REAlLY like them, and why?

queen

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 12:44 pm
hate 'em.
Either go out and buy one or leave it be.
There's no thought or effort in them.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 4:46 pm
Queen.. I think this is the first time ever (and hopefully the last time ever) that I'm going to respectfully have to disagree with you.

I know there's not much effort in making the card bec. it's already made. but the thought is kind of an effort, s/one took the effort to remember you.

I looove sending and receiving e-cards, it means s/one out there cares about you.. and tries to show you that.

not e/one has time or money to make a handwritten card..

and quite a few of the ppl I send ecards too, I don't know their adress, s/times it's just an online friendship (I'm not gonna go into whether an online friendship is real or not at this point, if s/one wants to open a thread about that, go ahead)

I'm very close to quite a few ppl online but I haven't met them or spoken to them.

ecards are cute, and I always change the colors and font and add a personal message..

so that's my opinion..

you asked for it. you got it.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 4:50 pm
queen wrote:
hate 'em.
Either go out and buy one or leave it be.
There's no thought or effort in them.

I will have to respectfully disagree......

my husband is now in the states and I am in israel and one of the ways that we show affection and that sort of thing is through some lovely dovey egreeting cards (yes, there is the phone, but that is more expensive) and getting an email from the one you love is wonderful when they are not there:)

queen

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 9:34 pm
one doesn't have to feel badly to disagree with me Very Happy everyone is entitled to their own opionion......

(as long as it agrees with mine- as I'd hate to have two people wrong LOL)

happymom

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 9:45 pm
Quote:
know there's not much effort in making the card bec. it's already made. but the thought is kind of an effort, s/one took the effort to remember you.

I agreeI think its a nice thing!

roza

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:51 pm
I don't like links to card, but some ppl send a family picture or the holiday picture inside the email letter together with the greeting, no links and I enjoy those.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2006, 10:09 am
I like sending & receiving them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics