Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Storm raging about Story of Bnei Brak 'dead' Child now ALIVE

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:04 pm
I know the brother of this story. He lives in Williamsburgh and is one of the most amazing Machnis Orech ever!!!
So this truly touches home.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articl......html

'Dead' Bnei Brak child turns up alive and well in Canada

Investigation launched into alleged kidnapping of haredi baby whose parents were told he died at birth

Chaim Levinson

Published:
12.12.06, 13:20

A storm is raging throughout the ultra-Orthodox community in Israel and the US following testimony that a boy from the Hasidic Satmar community in NY was allegedly kidnapped from his parents more than 50 years ago and adopted by a Christian Canadian couple.

The most popular ultra-Orthodox weekly, "Family" is conducting an in-depth investigation into the mysterious story. According to findings

so far, some 50 years ago a Hasidic family from Bnei Brak gave birth to twins. One of the twins died immediately after birth and doctors later informed the couple that the other child had also has passed away and had been buried.

Doctors told the family that the baby had become ill and his condition deteriorated until he met his death. The stricken parents had no choice but to accept the news, however reportedly they always bore a persistent doubt as to the circumstances of their child's death. This doubt was reinforced some 18 years later when the "dead child" received a military induction order. The shocked family attributed this to nothing more than an unfortunate error.

About a month ago, in a Canadian city, thousands of kilometers from Bnei Brak, an only child opened his mother's will after she passed away. The words darted in font of his eyes and almost made him faint.

"You are a Jewish child from the city of Bnei Brak in Israel," it was written in the will. "We adopted you when you were just a few days old and we raised you without revealing your true identity. You are now entitled to know the great secret we kept from you."

Brother found story hard to believe

The surprised son, who was raised as a non-Jew, didn't waste time and set out on a voyage to trace his biological parents.

The man in question, who works at one of the important intelligence agencies in a Western country, was quick to find his Jewish family at the Satmar community in New York, where they moved to from Bnei Brak.

The mother passed away four years ago and the father is now 85-years-old. Besides the twins, the couple had an additional 11 children throughout the ensuing years.

Two weeks ago, the man made contact with one of his biological brothers in New York, he recounted his story and asked to meet. At first, the shocked brother found it hard to believe the story, but ultimately agreed to meet his "brother." Upon their meeting it became quite clear there were clear physical similarities between the two.

For the past few days the man has been undergoing a series of genetic tests to determine his true identity and his connection to the family in question. Only after receipt of the final results will the brother tell the elderly father that his lost son has been found after an absence of 50 years.

It will also become apparent whether this man's story is the Satmar version of the missing Yemenite children in Israel.

JMto2

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:11 pm
Wow I am happy that maybe he was told the truth eventually but this is scary

Esther01

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:12 pm
OMG that is so spooky

mumoo

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:14 pm
I am also having doubts-but, if this is really true the implications are too much to even think about.....

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:20 pm
To OP:
I also live in Wmsbg. and I am dying of curiosity as to who the brother is. Is it a secret or may you reveal that to me, please?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:27 pm
DownSyndrome He is a big Machnis Orech in Williamsburg. I think he lives on Bedford Ave.
We once went on a sightseeing visit to his home (on shabbos) and there was a table probably as long as the one in the white house that seats dozens of people and seated around the table were guests that most people would not want in their house. Many EDP type or Mentally unstable people. It was truly amazing. I was so inspired by the Husband and wife who were so caring towards them and welcomed them with a warm smile. I heard that their door is constantly open even at night so whoever doesn't have where to eat or sleep can just walk in and have a comfy bed waiting for them.
I'm sure you know who I mean. If not, here are his initials. B.M.

Mevater

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:

For the past few days the man has been undergoing a series of genetic tests to determine his true identity and his connection to the family in question. Only after receipt of the final results will the brother tell the elderly father that his lost son has been found after an absence of 50 years.

Are genetic tests 100% foolproof?

Any chance that this is a publicity stunt?
The guy will be able to go on a speaking tour, write a book, go on all the talk shows, etc.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:

"You are a Jewish child from the city of Bnei Brak in Israel," it was written in the will. "We adopted you when you were just a few days old and we raised you without revealing your true identity. You are now entitled to know the great secret we kept from you."

........was quick to find his Jewish family at the Satmar community in New York, where they moved to from Bnei Brak.

The mother passed away four years ago and the father is now 85-years-old. Besides the twins, the couple had an additional 11 children throughout the ensuing years.

How did he connect the message to this specific family from Bnei Brak?

downsyndrome

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 10:06 am
To OP:
Just what I suspected! He davens in our shul, lives a coupla' blocks away from us, and his sister is my classmate!!! Wow! I can't believe this! Is this guy already leading a Jewish lifestyle, or did this story just break 'mamish' a coupla' days ago?
I know the family real well. Just remembered that an einikel of theirs is married to my first cousin's son. Wonder what will pan out....

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 6:09 am
I lived among the Temenim for 10 years. I have yet to meet a family who did not have someone taken or succeed by ness or force to get their stolen baby back.

I know charedi and right wing new immigrants were sometimes shot in the back during battles in the War of Independence if they were influencing the people around them in the undesired way.

The sins of the Mapai in Israel are well documented, incl protecting a known nazi accomplice and allowing him to become a govt minister.

We can pay a terrible price in mamzerus on top of the grief these families have suffered for the last 50 yrs.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 1:44 am
I have an aunt of Temani lineage. Her father had his sister and neice stolen from them I think when they arrived from Yemen.
It hits so close and I'm an american Ashkenazi.
They are still mourning them. It's not something that happened 50 years ago and that's it. It's happening now. People are still mourning for their lost family members. And meanwhile these children are alive and living somewhere in the world some kind of life. It's heartbreaking.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 1:54 am
Williamsburgers - IT'S NOT MOSKOWITZ. tHIS STORY never happened to them, it's a big baloney. It's a story that was blown out of proportion, a friend of mine's family is in the PROCESS of dna testing, this family lives in EY. Sorry to burst your bubble.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 12:36 pm
I was wondering......not surprised that things are blown up for media purposes!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics