Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What do you hate getting in MM?
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:26 pm
Mini foods are good for family members and wanderers-in to nosh on for breakfast, brunch and snacks before the seudah. We have people walking about all day at home, so for us this is great.

cm

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 5:08 pm
I don't really "hate" anything, but I have no use for coffee, tea, alcohol or that weird colored fruit punch that comes in round-ish plastic bottles. It is extremely rare in my community to give perishables, and I wouldn't want to receive them. I can't stand cheese doodles or corn chips. Yuck!

Obviously, everyone has different preferences. It doesn't strongly affect what I put in my MM for other people - you can't please everyone!

I don't mind (wrapped) candy; it makes a nice change of pace even though we hardly eat it year-round.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:07 pm
I hope we don't get any surprise nuts. My daughter is pretty allergic (so far just painful, not dangerous, but you never know when a reaction can get scary) and not mature enough to understand.

I happen to love MY homemade hamentashen but not others. So I can never quite decide whether to share, because I like to think others will like mine the way I do (really! they're different!) but on the other hand they probably also just automatically throw out hamentashen. So I go on making them but instead of wrapping them up and putting them in MM, I put them on a platter and offer them individually to people who come. Never have any problem dealing with the leftovers Wink

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:23 pm
bnm wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
Also, those little tiny bronfen bottles. It's not usually something good but more like amaretto, cherry liquor etc.. Dh doesn't drink them and they end up just sitting by me for years.

I use them for cakes

I know people do but I'm not a baker. I don't even own a bundt pan.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:31 pm
One year we got rum balls and a small bottle of rum. I used the rum to make my own rum balls. (no baking required)

You don't need to own a bundt pan to bake, BTW Wink

Isramom8

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:35 pm
Why do hamantaschen have such a bad name nowadays? Throwing all of them out, why? I'm sad that we don't get more hamantaschen in our MMs. It is Purim,...

oatmealcookies

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:44 pm
candy and drink boxes, hello we are 2 adults who's going to eat/drink that!?

I love halva though so send it my way!!

abby1776

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 7:07 pm
Agree with Oatmealcookies - big Halva Fan - I will take any that you dont want LOL

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 9:51 pm
Marzipan. Halva. Bought hamantaschen. I love the homemade ones (as long as they are wrapped decently). Loose candy.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 9:56 pm
Homemade food that seems unfresh or otherwise unappetizing.

I loooove candy, and we don't buy any so I rely on Purim and whatever dh comes home with from shul for my fix Wink

smss

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 2:19 am
can't believe no one mentioned those NASTY honey candies!

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 2:31 am
Most non-chocolate candy -- we just throw it out.

Homebaked things from people who don't keep kosher. I have the kids feed it to the birds outside (I guess it's not such a bad thing then).

Bamba/Bissli - we really don't eat it. I give it away.

Very cheap parve chocolate-covered wafers that taste like vegetable fat.

In short, I wind up dumping a lot of our mm food that is not real "food."
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics