Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What should I say to my sheitel lady today? Wigs gone bad...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 7:10 am
I haven't had the best of luck with sheitels in the decade I've been married. Usuallly, I have one decent sheitel for shabbos and a half decent one for weekdays.

In August, we got an unexpected sum of money and I used some of it to get decent sheitels. One was $750 and one was $1150, cuts included. The lady said that these are not the best, the best are $2000 and up, but these are good and will last 2 or more years.

I used both for weekdays and was thrilled to finally have a variety of nice sheitels. (I already had a good shabbos one from a few years ago.) I don't work, so I only wear a weekday sheitel two or three times a week for two or three hours at a time when I do errands. So, if you add up all the hours, I didn't wear these 2 new sheitels all that much since Augusts.

Both of the wigs were really nice for a few weeks. Then both of them became very clumpy and dry and dead looking. They looked okay for the first 5 minutes after I'd brush them, but then they'd revert into dry clumps, like my mother's old sheitels.

I have an appointment today for a wash and set for both of them, and I emailed her yesetrday about these problems when I dropped them off. I know what's going to happen. I'll pick them up today, and they'll look great, because they're freshly washed and blown. But in a week or two they'll be back to clumpiness. So, what can I say to explain that I'm really truly SAD about my big investments that went bad? I don't want to be mean to her but I don't want to be taken advantage of either for so much money.

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 7:18 am
I would tell her the set will not last. I would also then tell her that I will bring the sheital back when it is not looking nice.

What are you looking to accomplish? Are you looking to get your money back? Are you looking to get the sheital replaced? Are you looking to inform her that you are SAD? What is your objective?

This will help tailor the advice. Did she guarantee the sheital? Is she a name sheital macher who will stand behind her products? There was a recent thread where all these ladies were complaining about their specific brand. The company rep answered on the thread they would fix the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics