Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
When do kids go back to school after summer vacation?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 7:19 am
??

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 7:21 am
Also, when does summer vacation begin (specifically for boys)?

Didi

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 7:22 am
Schools end June 30 and start the last monday in August (I think)

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 7:32 am
Elementary BY girls and mamad boys and girls - end Jun 30, begin Aug 27

HS boys and girls - end Jun 20, begin Aug 27 (BY hs sometimes goes longer to make up extra vacation they get before Pesach)

Yeshiva ketanas, chederim, TTs - end 7 Av, begin Rosh Chodesh Elul (no rule for which day, depends on what each hanhala decides)

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 8:42 am
Op: I want to know because we want to iyh move this summer and will probably not have a chance to take a pilot trip. If we move mid to late July I was wondering if we could possibly look at schools then. We know where we want to live and have people there who can look for rentals for us. I know it's not ideal, but is it at all doable?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 9:14 am
I just checked on the calendar, and everything is very early this year. R' Ch' Elul is the 7th August, so everything will be closed by the time you come. Are you talking chadarim/ TT or state religious schools? You will also have trouble registering so late.

If I were in your position, I would ask (here and elsewhere) to find out your best match, and register now from chul (if they let you, or maybe they will rely on someone they know where you are). At least you will have shown an interest.

Then, when you come, look around, and if you really feel you made a mistake you can switch after YT.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 9:22 am
Mostly chareidi schools in rbs. When would we have to register by?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 9:33 am
Start a new thread and ask about the specific schools you are interested in (people in RBS might not open this one). Registration is around now - I don't live in RBS but I think it's similar everywhere.

Wishing you a smooth, successful klita.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions