Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone rent cell phone from Talk n' Save?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 2:41 am
Any good/bad experiences with them?
Does anyone have any experience with tethering?

Thanks

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 2:46 am
I will just tell you that talk n save is not the cheapest phone rental, other than that, I know a few people using it and they are satisfied.

AlwaysThinking

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 3:01 am
It's not the cheapest but the service is good IF YOU FOLLOW THEIR RULES.

I had many a friend complaining about 'talk n' spend'!?! after going over their minutes.

Follow the rules, and they're good, don't and you'll owe them a lot of money.

I was happy with them - I used them for a year when I was in sem.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 3:06 am
From my experience, they have better service than most companies but also the highest prices. Also be careful for nickel and diming.
If you are making aliyah, you should for sure get a long term plan from Orange or cellcom as it will be much cheaper than a short term rental.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 3:18 am
OP: I am going to Israel for one week, and wanted the unlimited everything plan.

What do I need to worry about being nickled and dimes? I'm going with them because supposedly they offer a us number and no additional per minute fee.
Travcom has better pricing, but they charge 7 cents per minute for the US number

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 3:18 am
OP: I am going to Israel for one week, and wanted the unlimited everything plan.

What do I need to worry about being nickled and dimes? I'm going with them because supposedly they offer a us number and no additional per minute fee.
Travcom has better pricing, but they charge 7 cents per minute for the US number

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 3:19 am

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 9:43 am
Talk and Save may be a bit pricier however they are reliable and dependable. I rented a phone for ten days and was MORE than satisfied. My 15 year old daughter studied in Israel for tenth grade and she abused that poor Talk and Save phone. By the time I arrived that phone had NO numbers on its face. It looked like a rectangle with a motherboard as a face and a small screen., it was awful---but it worked!

We went to Jerusalem to get it "repaired" or replaced by Talk and Save and they switched her phone for NO money and DID NOT CHARGE ME A PENNY for the neglected phone.

I was stunned.

---And happy!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 10:37 am
DH & I rented from them a few times and had 2 problems. In my son's house in central Yerushalayim (Ramat Eshkol) we had almost no reception. Additionally, the volume (set to highest) on the phones was not loud enough.

Next time we will probably try a different company.

ROFL

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 11:56 am
I just used hi tech on 47 street right off 13th avenue. It was 70 dollars for a month. No extra hidden fees. Free incoming and outgoing call in Israel. American number free incoming and a small charge per minute outgoing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions