Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
New on Wic- who takes it in Flatbush?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 7:33 am
I wanted to remain annonymous so I'm posting here...
I'm new to WIC.
I've been to so many groceries in Flatbush.... but I cant find anyone who takes WIC other than Ocean Fruit on Avenue O and Ocean which is inconvenient for me. Does anyone know any other
groceries that accept WIC? I need the Chalav Yisrael milk so I can't just go into Waldbaums or something.
Thanks in advance.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 10:28 am
I believe that Mittlemans on coney and Ave O takes it. Probably not a better location for you as it is only a few blocks from Ocean Fruit...

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 10:41 am
Thanks anyway - it is further away. Someone mentioned that Wolff's on Avebue J and 29th takes it. Anyone know?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 3:05 pm
Anybody?????????

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 6:39 pm
shoprite-on I and Mcdonald-sells chalav yisroel-but it's kind of closer to BP!!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 8:57 pm
I don't know if this helps you but there's a small grocery on Roder (small street between M & N) and E 9th that takes it. Also, I know that Associated on J takes it and they do carry Chalav Yisroel milk, but I don't think they have Chalav Yisroel cheese. Did you try looking in Key Foods on Nostrand to see if they carry Chalav Yisroel?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 8:40 pm
bump. Anyone have current info on who takes wic? In vicinity of ave m. I wld prefer a small store because I need it tomorrow and big stores will probably be mobbed.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 8:42 pm
mountain fruit
my friend says her husband goes first thing in the morning and is in and out

3mitzvos

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 8:43 pm
I also think that Mittelman's takes WIC. They're on Coney, between N and O.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 10:08 pm
Another vote for Mountain Fruit. Shoprite is a pain in the neck, they have to call the manager each time and they give you a headache about getting the cholov Yisrael. If it's not too far out of the way, my favorite WIC store is Landau's on 18th avenue (they're ALL out of the way for me so it doesn't really matter; Landau's has free parking across the street, nice store in general so I can just do all my Jewish shopping at once, and very wic-friendly)

amother

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 10:11 pm
Not really near avenue M, but just in case it might help, there's a kosher grocery on Ave. S. and East 8th street. They take wic and are really nice and helpful there.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 12:54 pm
did you try to call Moishes and find out? M E4

I would say its great to go to BP once a week to one of the mega stores, make a delivery if needed, many ppl from far away come in for prices, you can strech your buck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics