Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Costs for dental services - am I overpaying?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 11:33 pm
Please tell me what your dentist (NY area) charges for a filling and for a root canal.
I think I'm probably overpaying by a lot. Sad

imaamy

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 11:41 pm
Not in NY but So Cal where I get the impression from this site costs overall are a lot higher. I paid a deductible of around $50 for filling but he billed insurance around 250. Root canal I paid the endodontist a few hundred and he billed well over $1000, then I paid the regular dentist separately for crown. These providers agree to accept contracted amounts with insurance so they don't actually get these amounts but still, it ain't cheap. I'm encouraging my kids to go into dentistry!!

smiledr

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 1:15 pm
U get what you pay for - those prices sound average. Obviously there are those who charge very little and I would stay away from them and some very expensive providers.

Classicookie

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 2:25 pm
I live in nj and with no dental plan I am paying depending on the cavity 185-250 a filling and I have 11 plus I had to pull a tooth and put in an implant its all fun but a root cannel is deff over 1000 with the crown and all

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 9:25 pm
If a dentist tells you that you have 11 cavities you should get a second opinion!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 11:19 pm
Flatbush here. I pay around 300 a cavity. No dental insurance, so all out of pocket. 1.5 thousand for a root canal at the endodontist. I forgot how much for crown.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 11:23 pm
OP here.
Thank you for your responses. I feel a lot better knowing that I'm not necessarily being taken for a ride - it's just expensive to get dental care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics