Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help with Ipod Touch.

auntie_em

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 11:57 am
I have an Ipod Touch and would like to know if it is possible to transfer music from the Ipod to my hardrive or library. This is all music from cds, and not purchased through Itunes.

My old laptop died completely and I bought a new one. I realised that if I synch my Ipod up to the library on my new laptop it will erase all the music on my Ipod, since the library is currently empty.

Is there anything that can be done? TIA

September June

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:12 pm
It is definitely possible, I have done it in the past but don't remember exactly how I did it.
Google helped me figure out how to do it.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:13 pm
I don't think it should be a problem. I'm sure you are not the first person with an ipod who has replaced their laptop. Can you go to an apple store and ask them? Or try googling the question - there are tons of apple forums and so on which should be able to help you.

auntie_em

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:38 pm
Thanks, but I have googled and googled. There is some advice for other models of Ipods but not for the Ipod Touch. Everything I have seen is either people asking how to do it, or people saying it's not possible.

Apple wants to charge me a ton of money to speak with someone for help.

Thanks anyway.

mandr

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:49 pm
I have a program on my computer at home that does this for free but I forgot what it's called (they all sound the same!). I have a Mac. I'll check it tonight.

Google Results

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:51 pm
auntie_em wrote:
Thanks, but I have googled and googled. There is some advice for other models of Ipods but not for the Ipod Touch. Everything I have seen is either people asking how to do it, or people saying it's not possible.

Apple wants to charge me a ton of money to speak with someone for help.

Thanks anyway.

any iphone and ipod touch should work in a very similar way in this respect.

auntie_em

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:52 pm
Thank you for the google page. For some reason, I was getting totally different results. But I don't want you to go to a lot of trouble for nothing. I have a PC and I don't know if that will make a difference. In case it does, I run Windows 7.

Thanks Very Happy

mandr

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:54 pm
auntie_em wrote:
Thank you for the google page. For some reason, I was getting totally different results. But I don't want you to go to a lot of trouble for nothing. I have a PC and I don't know if that will make a difference. In case it does, I run Windows 7.

Thanks Very Happy

No idea if my program is compatible with both platforms or just Mac, but I'll definitely give it a check-out for you.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 12:57 pm
Get a pgm called I-explorer . I t allows your laptop to read your iPod like a flashdrive

auntie_em

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 7:43 am
Thanks! I will look at that this morning.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

lubaussie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 8:26 am
I have done this tons of times, on my ipod touch. I used "Iexplorer" - free. Once you download it, try working it yourself if you can't figure it out google how to use it. There are plenty other programs also. Just google "transfer ipod touch to computer" or "copy ipod touch to computer" there are plenty of programs.

auntie_em

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 12:47 pm
Thanks, everyone. I ended up using iexplorer and it was as easy as could be. I ended up paying for it ($40) but in the end, I feel like it was worth it. I downloaded the program for free, but I couldn't autotransfer the music until I had a paid-for registration code.

Still...I would recommend it to anyone who has the same problem. Very Happy

mandr

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:38 pm
Sorry I never got back to you. I just checked now and I have a program called Pod to Mac 2 and it was totally free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics