Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Is it possible - egg free, nut free on pesach

wereafamily

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 11:18 am
I was thinking about it yesterday and I still don't see how its possible to be egg free and nut free this pesach - is it?

My 5-month old is allergic which means I can't eat it Sad

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 11:28 am
I did it for 3 years. One of those years was also milk free, and one was milk, egg, nut, fish, wheat, tomato, celery, green bean, mustard, and chocolate free, although ds ended up in ER that year, so I must not have done a good job. There is a cookbook called "A Taste of Freedom" that is pesachdik and free of the top 8 allergens.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 11:34 am
One word.

Potatoes.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 12:11 pm
Sure, I do it Smile Appetizer: salads, fresh fish (not gefilte). Main: meat or chicken. Sides: various braised/roasted/sauteed/steamed veg. It's actually a lot healthier than eating all those kugels and cakes.

racz

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 12:44 pm
Yes it is possible- I have done it and My DD did it for years-

Here is a thread that is called Egg and Nut free Pesach

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20
with a bunch of good suggestion and recipes

Feel free to PM me but here are some suggestions ideas

Chicken- THere are many recipes that are egg free- if you make cutlets dipped in egg, dip in mayo/ketchup or duck sauce
Meats
Meat balls- use matzo meal/ or pesach bread crumbs- I don't add eggs to my meatballs
Potato- hash browns, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes
Ratotoullie
Vegatables- salads, grilled veggies, roasted veggies
Ices, Ice cream- richs whip and chochlate pudding

Here is a cake I posted on the previous thread I mentioned- even adults liked it

VELVET EGG FREE CHOCOLATE PESACH CAKE
3/4 c. cocoa
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 t vanilla sugar
1 3/4 c. potato starch
1 c. coffee whitner
1 T apricot jam
1/2 c. oil
1 c. boiling water

Preheat oven to 350, combine all dry ingredients add oil, coffee whiener and apricot jam. Mix. Fold in boiling water last. Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan 1 hour (or cupcakes)

Last edited by racz on Thu, Jan 31 2013, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

cutekids

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 12:49 pm
It's hard but definitely possible. I did it while nursing, and my six year old is still allergic. At least you didn't mention a milk allergy, then you are even more limited. Eggs and nuts are very possible to stay away from. Hatzlacha.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 11:33 am
Absolutely possible - both DS and I are allergic to egg and nuts, as well as fish, and DS is allergic to dairy as well.
But dont even bother trying to make any cakes or cookies, although, honestly, who needs them, especially if it's just 8 days. Dessert is homemade compote, fresh fruit platter, fruit ices, or last year for a fancy meal I did grilled pineapple with mango sorbet and strawberry coulis (all homemade).

TSmom

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 1:51 pm
Absolutely! We are as well dairy, cocoa bean, and potato free on pesach (plus others during the year but they aren't pesadick so they don't effect pesach). We always have an abundance of food and friends wanting to come to us for meals. I LOVE pesach!

squirrel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 1:52 pm
Also please be careful not to use walnut oil.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 2:07 pm
Totally possible! We've been doing out for for years. You can pm me if you want. I have an egg,dairy,nut,peanut+++ allergic child. There is a great thread here from a few years ago. I'll try to link to it when I get home.

Boys3mom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2013, 6:20 pm
My son got a lot of French fries over pesach, b"h hes not so severely allergic anymore

r_ch

Post Thu, Mar 07 2013, 6:26 pm
Meat, fish, potatoes, fruit, vegetables?Smile Matzos. You didn't specify if you it gebroks. So if you do then matzo along with foods satiates wonderfully.

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Mar 07 2013, 9:38 pm
I'm in the same boat this year, with dairy off the list as well. All these menus are supper/seudos. What about breakfast?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics