Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Would like to send gift to family that hosted us

amother

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 5:28 pm
We were by some non immediate family for 5 days of yom tov. we slept there and ate there. We bought them a couple bottles of wine when we came, but they were so wonderful and generous and nice, I would like to send them something else. I was thinking of mailing them a gift (preferably one that is prime eligible on amazon).

Im looking to spend in the area of $25. Any ideas? They seem to have plenty of serving ware which would be my first option...

TIA

Liba

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 5:44 pm
Honestly, $25 is such a drop in the bucket compared to what hosting for 5 days, especially over Pesach, costs. I think that if that is your budget it is probably best to write a really really nice hand written thank you note from the heart and send it along with the gift, not something off of Amazon prime in an Amazon shipping box with a typed up packing slip note at the best.

It would be better just to send the note if you can't buy and ship something along with it.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 5:48 pm
im not planning on giving them back what they spent on us. But rather as a gesture so I def hear your point about not coming from amazon. I would even buy something on amazon prime and ship it to me and then send it to them... so then make my budget about $20 since I need to include shipping. (getting out to go find something isnt so easy for me right now. most of my shopping is done online)

so any ideas?

and I would rather a THING vs a gift card with a note cause then they know you spent $25 exactly and thats a drop in the bucket as you said.

thanks again!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics