Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Bar Mitzva Gift for "little brother"

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 9:11 pm
Anon just in case anyone knows my story...
I lived with a family a few years ago who reaaally helped me out. It was only for a few months, but they had a big hand in marrying me off, made my vort, etc. I am not really in touch with them now, but it's the type that we would reconnect quickly if I were to see them again. They live in Brooklyn and I am in Queens, which means I should be seeing them more than I do, but it's been a while. Well, tonight is the Bar Mitzva of their youngest son, who is a sweetheart but has a definite "personality". I really wanted to go to Brooklyn tonight for the seuda but between everything going on, it didn't happen. I would really like to send something to show I care and I'm thinking about them, especially him because we had a pretty special relationship. Does anyone have any good ideas for a not standard Bar Mitzva gift? Something you might give to your younger brother for his Bar Mitzva? Anything nice your sons have gotten? Also keep in mind, they are a very yeshivish family- the kids have limited to no computer access, definitely no TV, kids are on the creative side and very adventurous, and they love to read. Any suggestions would be welcome!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 9:20 pm
I get for brothers and brother in laws two or three dhurta with their name embroidered on the sleeve and cufflinks.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 9:38 pm
Another above I meant to write shirts

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 10:27 pm
my older brother got a name stamp for my younger brother. it was very nice, because he got tons of seforim as gifts and then he was able to stamp them with his name (in Hebrew)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics