Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Looking to buy life size poster of the kosel

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 12:55 pm
Not sure where to put this.

I'm looking to buy a life-size poster of the kosel. I saw this once in someone's house and asked them where they got it and they said the local chabad gave them out or sold them a few years ago. I contacted the local chabad and they said I can get it from shluchim.org. I went there but you have to be a shlucha/member to buy anything from them, which I am not. So I asked the chabad rabbi who sent me there if he would be willing to buy it for me and I would pay him back. He was, but they were out of stock, and he said I should check back with him in a few months' time. I did, and they were still out of stock (or restocked and were out again.) This happened several times and I don't want to drive him crazy, especially since he is totally doing me a favor. Does anyone know what this poster that I'm looking for is and how I can get it or something like it?

All leads appreciated. Thanks!

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 1:17 pm
What do you mean "life-sized"? A gigantic poster the size of the actual Kotel to stick on the side of a huge Kotel-sized building?

Or a wall sized mural that shows the entire Kotel from a slight distance?

Or a wall sized mural that shows a wall-sized section of the Kotel (I.e., a 1: scale photo of he stones of the wall itself)?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 1:25 pm
A wall sized poster that shows the entire kosel from a slight distance, but is still a close enough view that if you go right up to it it will seem pretty life-like, like as if you're really in front of the stones.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 1:43 pm
You can really take any digital photo of the kotel and have it made into a poster.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 1:53 pm
I know, I've thought of that, but this was done professionally, and was a great photo, better than any I have, and I have some pretty good ones. It was taken at a slight angle and had a bit of sky in it. Beautiful color sky I may add Smile

tzfatisha

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 3:50 pm
checkout this...
there is a great photographer here in tzfat who takes wonderful pics - eliyahu alpern
including panoramic ones..
here is his website..
nothing to do with me..
http://www.tziloom.com/
or see jodi sugar's site.. she is also from tzfat and has great pics of israel
http://www.israelphotoart.com/
also nothing to do with me..

they both have good photos of the kotel

amother

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 1:30 am
Thanks so much for the sites. Do they sell huge size pictures, though? I would imagine not.

tzfatisha

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 1:55 am
eliyahu has one that is a panoramic big enough for the walls of your succah... is that big enough for you?
I don't know about jodi.
ask them about the sizes..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics