Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
50+ & anglos - buying a house for $400,000, possible?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 8:40 am
My parents are beginning to think about aliyah and believe that they would be able to sell their house in america for about 400K.
Can anyone help me out with places that have anglos (not 4 or 5 families but good number of them) that are 50+ (they are both turning 60 this summer), MO and where they could buy a house for that amount of money? (if such a place even exists

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 8:47 am
Efrat?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 8:49 am
Not the op- but do houses in Efrat cost only 400K? Or by house do you really mean apartment?

Isramom8

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:28 am
Raanana, a nice apartment in a new building.

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:47 am
Isramon maybe you mean a nice two bedroom apartment that is 10 years old in an elevator building? Where you live prices are quite high for new buildings. Four rooms (three bedrooms) in an elevator building are going for 1,800,000 shekel and up which is more than $500,000 and that's without mas rechisha and lawyers which can easily add another NIS 100,000.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:54 am
Yeah, I thought I was off but I was wishing I was on target. Sad
15 years ago you could buy a house for 400K.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 10:06 am
Ginot Shomron, you can get a place for that or less, an apartmet or attached house.
http://www.look4home.co.il/ag/2464

Check this page out too, flower/plant named streets are in Ginot shomron neighborhood which has plenty Anglo families that age group (my parents for example).
http://www.yad2.co.il/Nadlan/s.....E5%EF

etky

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
Not the op- but do houses in Efrat cost only 400K? Or by house do you really mean apartment?

If they add a bit they can get a very nice 5 room apt. in Efrat for that sum. Or they can get a 4 room apt. for a bit less. If it's just them I imagine that they probably are not looking for a mansion? Efrat has a huge anglo population in that age group, at least in the more established neighborhoods. The newer areas tend to have younger families.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 12:26 pm
So in efrat, they could not get a house for a price close to that? Only an apartment?

etky

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 12:35 pm
Correct.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:17 pm
Maale Adumim - but a neighborhood or two over from the 'heart' of the Anglos..

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:33 am
I suspect Rechovot would be another choice? My BIL and his family fits the description, the shul that caters to Anglo community seems to be full of people in their 50s who moved back in 1970s/80s. Though I think it would be mostly apartments rather than houses.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 11:03 am
Moshav Matityahu?

Liba

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 11:05 am
amother wrote:
Moshav Matityahu?

She said MO. Confused

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 11:28 am
Liba wrote:
amother wrote:
Moshav Matityahu?

She said MO. Confused
Thanks Liba Smile (Im the OP)
Amother, my parents would not really fit in to Moshav MAttityahu, but thanks Smile They are MO

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 11:29 am
amother wrote:
I suspect Rechovot would be another choice? My BIL and his family fits the description, the shul that caters to Anglo community seems to be full of people in their 50s who moved back in 1970s/80s. Though I think it would be mostly apartments rather than houses.
Do you know the name of this shul you are talkign about? I could check this out. thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 12:41 pm
the MO shul in Rechovot is Bermans. bermanshul.org
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions