Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nesher sherut

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 6:14 pm
I really do need some good advice from Israeli imamothers. EVERY TIME I take Nesher sherut from Ben Gurion to J'lem, I'm ALWAYS the last passenger to get dropped off. Does't matter where I'm going, Baka, Har Nof, Hebrew U, Talpiot. Is it because I is chutzlikim with poor Hebrew skills? Is it because I is too aidel (NOT!)?

Any trick I can avoid being chaufferred all around J'lem? I know you can ask the driver to drop me off at the central bus station, but then it's a hassle with luggage trying to get another taxi (which defies the whole purpose of getting door-to-door Nesher). Do I "bribe" the driver to drop me off first? How does the driver determine the order of drop-offs once he's in J'lem?

hila

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:35 am
I dont know. But it happens to me too- and I speak good hebrew.

Marion

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 4:00 am
It really depends who else is with you in the sherut. Usually southern Jerusalem (Baka, Arnona, Talpiot, Katamon) are the last drop offs and northern (Ramot, Pisgat Zeev, Neve Yaakov) are the first. The rest of the city is up for grabs depending on the driver's final destination. (If the driver lives in Givat Shaul and it's his last run of the day, chances are good Har Nof will be the last drop off!)

kb

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 6:45 am
By the way, ther is a taxi company that charges 150 shekel from the airport including suitcases. So if you're more than one person, imo it's kdai to order that taxi. You call when you land and they have someone there once you have your luggage.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 1:14 pm
kb wrote:
By the way, ther is a taxi company that charges 150 shekel from the airport including suitcases. So if you're more than one person, imo it's kdai to order that taxi. You call when you land and they have someone there once you have your luggage.

Thanks for the info. How does NIS150 compare to just getting a regular monit from the airport?
Also I thought noone charges separately for a suitcase? (Or that was the typical tourist rip-off trick?)
Was I mistaken?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 1:20 pm
Which taxi company?

luvinlife

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 1:24 pm
I think it's just luck. I somehow always use to be the last one when I took a sherut. now I take a taxi.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 1:26 pm
Taxi Deal. Ben Gurion to Jerusalem NIS 160. 03-505-1715. Toll free in Israel: 1-700-50000-25.

kb

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 1:38 pm
Not sure exactly - I know when we used a taxi from the airport it cost us close to 300 shekel. Not sure if they did charge for suitcases, but some taxis definitely do. (And a nesher is about 60 shekel a person, so if you do the math, it's pretty close if you're not traveling alone.)

It was taxi deal - and when I called they told me 150.

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 2:43 am
My hubby travels pretty often from Har Nof to the airport, so I've done quite a bit of research on the topic.

Nesher - cost is 62 shekels per person. Advantage when travelling from Har Nof is that we are usually one of the last pick-ups when leaving Jerusalem. But, as you mentioned, we are usually last of the drop-offs.

Taxi from the airport. Last time he travelled abroad, my hubby got a regular taxi from outside the airport. It cost him 220 nis.

Booking a taxi from one of the cheaper companies that advertise often sounds like a good deal (150-180 nis) but invariably there are hidden charges that the driver announces just as the car pulls up outside our house, like an extra 10 shekels for a suitcase or some such nonsense which my poor tired husband has no koach to argue about. Oh, and because my hubby usually lands in the wee hours, he normally has had to chat with the driver incessantly because he looked like he was falling asleep at the wheel shock

The way we do it now is usually to pre-book a car with Bar Ilan taxis, and then hubby confirms the booking with a phone call when he lands. 02 586 6666. There is always a driver waiting just outside the airport as he comes out. Highly recommended.

kb

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 6:39 am
I took tishim t'teisha for 180 flat rate and that's what they charged. And I know someone who just used the one for 150, and they paid 150 - with a bunch of suitcases, and carry-ons, and a stroller.

luvinlife

Post Sat, Apr 27 2013, 4:35 pm
I used taxi deal recently on the way to the airport and it was 160 includes two suitcases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions