Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Teaneck Bergenfield area

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 10:35 pm
Is there any part of there that is working yeshivish? I mean not YU but more Lakewood type of working people?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 10:54 pm
I really don't think so

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 11:19 pm
Probably not. There are a few here and there but the yeshivish community is YU yeshivsh, RW Mo.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 12:38 am
There's the yeshiva Gedolah of Teaneck. For single boys, as well as married couples. A lot of the men end up working soon after marriage.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:27 pm
OP if you don't mind me highjacking can someone tell me more about the working yeshiva-ish YU (not MO) communities of Northern New Jersey? Would Shomrei Torah in Fair Lawn, NJ have a group of families like that or somewhere else besides Passaic?

Would Yavneh, Yeshiva of North Jersey, or Noam have a yeshivaish crowd or not? Are there other schools I am not aware of?

Thanks!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
OP if you don't mind me highjacking can someone tell me more about the working yeshiva-ish YU (not MO) communities of Northern New Jersey? Would Shomrei Torah in Fair Lawn, NJ have a group of families like that or somewhere else besides Passaic?

Would Yavneh, Yeshiva of North Jersey, or Noam have a yeshivaish crowd or not? Are there other schools I am not aware of?

Thanks!

YNJ is the most RW of the 3 schools you mentioned. There is a good community of us working yeshivish YU people in Bergenfield - look at Ohr Hatorah - Rabbi Sobolofsky's shul. There are people of course at other shuls as well, but that's where the younger families that are more RW YU daven. You'll see a lot of hats there and most people that daven there send to YNJ.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Thanks!

YNJ is the most RW of the 3 schools you mentioned. There is a good community of us working yeshivish YU people in Bergenfield - look at Ohr Hatorah - Rabbi Sobolofsky's shul. There are people of course at other shuls as well, but that's where the younger families that are more RW YU daven. You'll see a lot of hats there and most people that daven there send to YNJ.

How interesting. I thought I saw in a Lakewood thread (of someone looking for a not Lakewood school) that YNJ was very modern. We are Yeshivaish I think with maybe some exceptions like I am working to end some secular videos when I'm doing housework or I am overwhelmed with the kids and other things I don't see myself stopping like wearing some color, long sheitels, or having some approved secular books for the kids as they learn to read.

How young is young these days? DH is closer to 40 than he is to 35 and I am closer to 35 than to 30. I never know if we are still considered "young" anymore, but it isn't like our kids are out of elementary school yet! I enjoy being with different age groups and just want my kids to have peers from families with good midos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating