Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Can anyone recommend some good shiurim to download please?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 12:35 am
I am traveling this week on my own, no kids for the first time since my oldest child was born! That's well over ten years. So, I will have lots of time to myself. can anyone suggest a good website to download shiurim from? Looking for something not too long, but inspirational, thanks in advance

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 12:42 am
There are many threads on this topic diva search
Off hand I like yutorah org
Yesodei org
Kolhaloshon
Torah cafe.com

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 12:45 am
Depends a lot on what you like.

The free sites that I like are Naaleh.com (you have to sign in-but e/t is free), torahanytime.com, simpletoremember.com (both free, w/o sign in) audio.ohr.edu-(mixture of free and for pay lectures. You must sign in)

I like Rebitzin Heller's shiurim- many available on Naaleh.com. Also some available on torahanytime.com
I especially like her question and anwer series. I've also done a lot of the more textual studies with her speeches

Rabbi Mordechai Becher is lighter, and interesting. Available on torahanytime.com and simpletoremember.com for free.

Rabbi Dovid Orlfosky is hilarious. One or two free on ohr.edu, but most for pay on ohr.edu and his website, rabbiorlofsky.com . To just listen or watch his lectures, without downloading, there are a few available on torahanytime.

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 12:47 am
To add, simpletoremember.com is the easiest to download from, IME.
It has an overlap of many of the other free shiurim on the WWW. So I would start with trying there.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 11:59 pm
OP here, thanks so much to those who responded! I have now downloaded a great assortment of shiurim, hurray!

jerusalem-girl

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 1:58 am
Enjoy your trip!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 2:05 pm
Thanks to all those who responded!I am just reporting back! I had a great trip adn even traveling was great with the shiureim that I downloaded thanks to your advice. I am really very grateful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics