Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tashbar in Lakewood...

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:16 pm
What can u tell me about it? Moving to Lakewood next year...

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:22 am
bump.

education- wise, type of people that go there and what "sort" of boys come out of there...

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:59 am
What do you want to know in particular ?
If you want Solid Torah, look into Kol Torah , shaages aryeh, Orchas Chaim.

If you want sec educ. It's the best for Lakewood . But that's not saying much the boys are still far below the state eng and math skills median scores.
An average sixth grader doesn't know what words like obscure and cerebral mean.
And they aren't able to do long division with 3 digit numbers .

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:05 pm
Didnt hear such great stuff about Kol Torah. Shaagas Aryeh's secular education sounded terrible.

I was hearing really great things about Tashbar's secular and limudei kodesh education so I wanted to know if that was true.

Are you saying their limudei kodesh isnt as good as other schools?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:09 pm
The LK there is good . It's not phenomenal like some other schools that have very poor LH

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:16 pm
It's like you cant get it all Sad

SivanMom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:48 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
What do you want to know in particular ?
If you want Solid Torah, look into Kol Torah , shaages aryeh, Orchas Chaim.

If you want sec educ. It's the best for Lakewood . But that's not saying much the boys are still far below the state eng and math skills median scores.
An average sixth grader doesn't know what words like obscure and cerebral mean.
And they aren't able to do long division with 3 digit numbers .

Do you know the bolded for a fact? Where do you have this information from?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:53 pm
Unfortunately I do .
If there is an important reason that you need a name and phone number of someone who evaluates these boys.
PM me

SivanMom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:04 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Unfortunately I do .
If there is an important reason that you need a name and phone number of someone who evaluates these boys.
PM me

I was just curious. I'm actually very happy with my son's secular education right now. He's in first grade, not in Tashbar. He's taking his first achievement tests today. I've never had experience with those. Do parents see results? Do schools see results? Is this how they compare the level of education?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:08 pm
Often, it just goes under the radar.
I would strongly advise you to ask for an IEP and progress reports for your son

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 2:49 pm
I send to Tashbar and am thus far thrilled with the LK and the LC programs. My son is still young, but comparing my neighbors kids who are older they are definitely getting as strong a limudei kodesh program, and for sure a stronger limudei chol program. The school to compare to in terms of parent body is Orchos Chaim- Shages Aryeh is still more yeshivish and your son will be the odd one out if his father is working.

Re: the statistics above, it really is so individual. My son who is not yet six uses very high vocabulary words in regular sentences, but that is more of an indication of his natural gift and his mother's vocabulary then anything else.

amother

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
I send to Tashbar and am thus far thrilled with the LK and the LC programs. My son is still young, but comparing my neighbors kids who are older they are definitely getting as strong a limudei kodesh program, and for sure a stronger limudei chol program. The school to compare to in terms of parent body is Orchos Chaim- Shages Aryeh is still more yeshivish and your son will be the odd one out if his father is working.

Re: the statistics above, it really is so individual. My son who is not yet six uses very high vocabulary words in regular sentences, but that is more of an indication of his natural gift and his mother's vocabulary then anything else.

Thank you. I hear its not really hard to get in and my husband is "yeshivish" but working so it seems so far that it'll be a good fit for us...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating