Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Siddur party ideas

shofar

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:48 pm
Anyone have good ideas for a siddur party?

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:27 am
Oh boy, this is my question. I did this great siddur party a while back, then stopped teaching pre1a.
Take whatever parts you like. It went like this: Kids in shabbos clothes come on stage singing "Tov li Toras picha". One kid points to chart while e/o says aleph bais. Then they sing a nekudos song, whatever they've been singing all year. If you have one. (Or make one up, there's still time.) (Or ask me for mine.) While they are singing the song, each child holds up a big nekudah as you sing about that nekudah.
Then you go thru' birchas Hashachar (First poem to introduce) two or three kids come up and sing a verse about it, then go up to a little shtender at the front of the stage, on the side , looks in the siddur, and say the bracha, w/o Hashem's name, of course. then the next two for the next bracha.
I wrote the little songs to the tune of "Hashem gave us a Present" (mitzvah tree), I wish I could remember all the verses. All I can htink of is:
boy & girl: " I'm a boy" "I'm a girl" I'm as happy as can be. Thank you Hsahem for the way that you made me. Shelo asani isha,, sheassani kirztono
and "I can walk I can run,I can even kicck a ball. Thank you Hashem who mmade stand up tall. zokef kifufim. and so on. It's nice cuz they learn the meanings as they practice. Then we gave out siddurim, the kids sung a song or two about davening, then they walked off singing Tov li again.
Us e this song if you like it:
ttto: If youre Happy and you Know It
When we're davening we're talking to Hashem Clap Clap 2x
And Hashem hears what we say when we daven evry day
Whne we're davening we're talking to Hashem. Clap clap.
write out and give out the words to the parents, in case the kids aren't loud and clear.clear.
Or/and use your regular pre-davening song, if you have one.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Last edited by opinionatedbubby on Thu, May 09 2013, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:27 am
Mistake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics