Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for some Marketing help

Twizzlers

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:18 pm
Looking for some marketing help for my business. Anyone here in this field?

amother

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:35 pm
what kind of business do you have?

Twizzlers

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:36 pm
Retail boys clothing. I have a storefront in Brooklyn, NY, and sell online.

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:40 pm
storefront and online are 2 diff balls of wax.

for the storefront you can/should be more traditional with print ads, promotions in local businesses, direct mail. How many walkins per day do you get, and how much $$ per day?

for online, if you're putting quality blog posts up with an opt in to collect leads and putting out an ezine/newsletter to those leads, you're headed in the right direction. Do you/ can you also sell on ebay and through amazon's program? How many online addies per day are you collecting currently?

Henna12

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:41 pm
Yes- I specialize in marketing for small businesses. Feel free to PM me- I'd love to help!

Twizzlers

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 12:48 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
storefront and online are 2 diff balls of wax.

for the storefront you can/should be more traditional with print ads, promotions in local businesses, direct mail. How many walkins per day do you get, and how much $$ per day?

Ok, so for the storefront, I do put print ads in the local newsletter/magazines, and I direct mail postcards every so often to my customer base. However, there is still a really large portion of the area that dont know I exist and I'm not sure how to get them. Fact is, my storefront is on a really busy avenue smack in the middle of Flatbush. And yet, there are still people who dont know about us.

TwinsMommy wrote:
for online, if you're putting quality blog posts up with an opt in to collect leads and putting out an ezine/newsletter to those leads, you're headed in the right direction. Do you/ can you also sell on ebay and through amazon's program? How many online addies per day are you collecting currently?

I'm more concerned about the storefront than the internet at this time, but I'm always looking for ideas to improve. We do sell on ebay and amazon as well as our own website. I'm not really sure how to blog about my business though. How much could you possibly say about boys clothing already?

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 1:40 pm
where's your blog--- we could take a look at what you've already posted and make suggestions. off the top of my head....

sizes
textures
colors
how little boy's clothing differs from big boy's clothing
when to use a belt
when to have a boy wear a tie
dress clothing versus play clothing
various manufacturers

and then you can have 120 character posts daily going up on linkedin, twitter, facebook.... and a graphic for each larger blog post going up on pinterest.

as for local----- do you have pieces being handed out at restaurants, other stores, etc where the people go that you're trying to get to? bad grammar--- shabbos is coming-- lol. glossy cards with awesome graphics. different pieces for different upcoming promotions that expire quickly to get people in the door.....

good shabbos!

wereafamily

Post Sat, May 18 2013, 8:34 pm
I’m a graphic designer, not a marketing expert, and I won’t claim they’re the same thing, but graphics and marketing are so closely intertwined that if I’ll comment anyways, if I may:

Always remember the “5 W’s” of advertising - who, what, when, where, why:

- Who: Who is your target audience?
- What: What (exactly) are your services? (Hint: something vague like “boys clothing” is not the answer)
- When & Where: When and where are you offering your services?
- Why: Why (to accomplish what end? To fill what need?) are you offering these services (Hint: “Money” is not the answer)

Do your marketing campaigns answer these questions?
I often see pretty ads that just don’t answer the 5 W’s – huh, what exactly are they offering?

Also, did you try sending mini catalogs of the clothing you sell?

For those of you that mentioned "blogging", can you please explain it to me how that works in marketing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics