Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
ISO the perfect MENS multivitamin

amother

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 3:30 am
Hello
I want to whip DH into shape (he is getting quite a belly and doesnt work out. his diet is pretty good actually, but not perfect) and am wondering if anyone knows of a good mens multivitamin or cocktail of vitamins that has EVERYTHING a man of child bearing age should have.

Anyone else have some tips for whipping a DH into shape??

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 3:39 am
A multivitamin won't whip him into shape...at all. One has little to do with the other.

But to be generally 'healthy' - it is a good idea - if you feel his diet isn't providing him with adequate nutrients (on a healthy diet you should be getting most of the vitamins you need from food).

The only way to get into shape is to work out, combined with a healthy diet. And it does take months to see results!

How about don't give him his meal until he does 50 pushups, 50 crunches etc.? (jk) Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 3:55 am
haha thats cute... but I didnt mean I was looking into vitamins in order to whip him into shape in terms of loosing weight. I meant whip him into shape in terms of overall wellness... and as part of that, Id like him to take multivitamins.

At least when it comes to women, I think its pretty accepted now that its actually quite difficult to get all essential vitamins through diet... at least without very specific effort to include certain less common foods to supplement... and thats where vitamins are useful.

also im not sure if I agree that physical whipping into shape and vitamins have nothing to do with each other. some vitamins are key in helping metabolize things in the most efficient way which really can help weight loss. or certain compounds may help enable the building of lean muscle, which in turn burns fat...

so I think multi vitamins can definitely help whip someone into shape in terms of general wellness... any maybe even in terms of physical whipping into shape! Wink

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 4:21 am
Well you did say you wanted to whip him into shape, and he has a bit of a belly.. shape usually refers to physical fitness! And fitness shouldn't just be limited to losing weight, it's more than that.

It's true some vitamins help a bit, but really without exercise one cannot be truly healthy... even when slim.

My doctor did say that everything you need can be implemented through diet, except for a woman, who needs extra folic acid when ttc, and prenatals when pregnant/nursing. And of course, if there is a particular deficiency, such as Vitamin D, that is a different story. She said a good way to make sure you are getting a good range of vitamins and minerals is to use lots of different (naturally, duh) colorful foods, dark greens, oranges, reds, yellows, etc. as well as all food groups.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 9:35 am
I wonder if your dh wants this, if he doesn't , then I sure am glad I am not him.

Esther23

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 9:59 am
I'm impressed that hes willing to take vitamins, its usually the women that are more inclined to take them. (Unless he isn't aware of your whipping him up plan yet Smile). I take shaklee vitamins and have BH seen an improvement in overall health. They're an excellent health company with clinical testing done on all their products. They have a full combination pack of vitamins geared for men (vitalizer) and also the regular multivitamin for adults.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking