Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Passaic

eness

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 3:38 pm
I'm moving to Passaic and was wondering if anyone can give me some details. How can I go about looking for a 2 bedroom apt for rent? I'm looking to send my kids to YKP (age 4.5 and 6). What are school hours? How easy/hard is it to find a babysitter for afternoons? I will be working full time and will need someone to watch my kids till about 5:30-6pm every day (after school hours). Does anyone know anyone available for babysitting? Does anyone know of a day camp for these ages? We'll be moving in July. Is it true that there are no school buses? Do ppl carpool? Thanks for your help!

amother

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 8:28 pm
have you looked at kehillahconnections for info on apartments? There's a yahoogroup called passaicjews that is also helpful for posting about the stuff you asked. A third place to look is the facebook group for passaic but I'm not a facebook person so you'd have to ask someone else about that. In terms of bussing I know that at least for the buys there is a private option and possibly two- one yellow bus and one van that you can pay for. People definitely do car pool. I'm not up to schools yet but I just know from friends.

passaicmom

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:54 am
YKP starts at 8:45 and ends at 3:45 pre1a - 5th grade. For camps with the longest hours Summerplayland and Funshine they both have websites. Sorry I don't have any experience with afternoon help but I have always been able to get cleaning help through friends and neighbors suggestions. The Facebook group is call Passaic Clifton neighbors you have to send a request to join. Let me know if you have any other questions.

eness

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:38 am
Thanks for the info. I have been on a bunch of website including the ones listed in the replies. I'll look into those day camps too, thanks! this was helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating