Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Question for mothers of 6-7 year old girls
Previous  1  2

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:33 am
momX4 wrote:
thinkermother wrote:
I love perler bead party kits where each kid gets little board with all necessary premeasured beads. My 6 & 7 year olds spend hours with it. U do need an adult to do the ironing though

This can be tricky. Some kids that are more klumsy will have a difficult time with this. Kids also need lots of patience.

The Jumbo Perler beads are for small hands--they are especially made for the klumsy or younger kids, they come with clear big boards so you can slide the pic underneath and just copy in beads. Excellent for keychains and magnets for kids this age.

They are pricey, though, and OP wants to keep it simple.

BlueRose52

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:34 am
Another idea: a treasure hunt. I once made a treasure hunt for a group of kids that involved them having to hunt for different sized pieces of string spread out all over a yard. At the end of the hunt, they all lined up all their string and whoever had the longest amount won. You can do it in teams too. (And be sure to have prizes for the non-winners too!)

thinkermother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:56 am
I do the treasure hunt thing with my kids on chanuka. Huge hit!

Raisin

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 6:28 am
something like simple jewellery making might be fun. You just need nice beads, and string. Or a keychain using foam.

asp40

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:58 am
My girls would love the napkin thing as every day they are trying to make fancy napkins for dinner. But I like the idea of napkins and napkin rings using pipe cleaners. Also, tissue paper flowers are simple. We did them at a party and I am artistically inept and it was fine.

Pineapple

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:33 am
OP I sent you a pm
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children