Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Yeshivos and schools in monsey

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 12:26 pm
any opinion on Ateres Tzvi in Monsey. which Mosad would it be comparable to in Brooklyn. Vien? Chassan Sofer? Etc.. Any other recommendations?

Is Beth Yaakov Chofetz Chaim in any way similar to Beth Yaakov Boro Park.

carpediem

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:53 pm
Please pm me about BY chofetz Chaim

momX4

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 3:44 pm
My boys have been in Ateres Tzvi for a couple of years. It has a Airmont steriotype crowd. There are also Litvish/Hemish people that want the yiddish without the affiliation of a chasidus (This was our attraction). Most mothers were very friendly.

Rabbi Rottenberg in Forshay is the rav (??) of the yeshiva

It is a small yeshiva and couldnt provide special ed services my kids needed.

I dont know brooklyn yeshivas of today well enough to compaire it.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 8:54 pm
any recommendations of other schools besides Chafetz Chaim? Looking for HEIMISH school - not too modern - but really on the level of BYBP if that exists

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 9:08 pm
If it helps my cousins children used to go to Chofetz Chaim and are now in BYBP. So maybe they are similar enough.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 9:24 pm
Dealing with Leah Zaks ...good luck to you

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
Dealing with Leah Zaks ...good luck to you

My DD goes to BYCC. The only big problem I have is that the Zaks are the administrator, principle, money person, hanhala...... They wear to many hats. They do a great job, but when I need to dicuss something not related to my DD at all, they will tell me something about her anyway . My DH and I feel like we cant call the school for minor things not related to my DD education, since we are nervous they will talk about our tution break. Since they moved into the new building they kvetch to the kids about money waay to much. I think it is totally inapropiate.

OTOH- my DS goes to YSV. I feel soo confortable calling anyone for anything (valid reasons Smile ) since I feel equal to eveyone. Only the bookeeper.. knows how much I pay.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
any recommendations of other schools besides Chafetz Chaim? Looking for HEIMISH school - not too modern - but really on the level of BYBP if that exists

Recently some parent unhappy with Chofetz Chaim went to Bas Mikra. It is also a family run school.

vet techy

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:39 pm
Pm me as I have sent my girls to BYCC for the past 23 years.

Dont know about Ateres tzvi.

amother

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 8:01 am
A specific type flourishes at Bais Yaakov Chofetz Chaim. If your daughter is self-motivated, super bright, outgoing yet perfectly behaved--and you are an established FFB family, you will be more than delighted. Otherwise, well, good luck to your daughter's self-esteem....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating