Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
ISO calendar application/organizer

SV

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 9:23 am
Until now I've used my Outlook calendar at work to keep sane (forget being organized....) - I literally kept EVERYTHING in there - my haflaga calendar, all doctor appointments, school-related things for the kids etc. I like that it has reminders, color coding, different views (I.e. one day at a time, or weekly, or monthly etc). I also had a Hebcal (?) application in there that had yomim tovim, candlelighting times. Basically my whole life was in there. Well, now I am leaving this job and need a new way of keeping all this information somewhere that's easily accessible all the time and user-friendly. Any suggestions? The calendar application I have on my phone (Galaxy) I don't like. Does google have something similar?

I am open to any suggestions. My last day at work is this Friday so I need to figure something out ASAP.

Thanks!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 10:19 am
Try Cozi or Jorte, you can integrate other calendars with it. If you use Cozi, you can also integrate FlyLady missions if you'd like Smile

AlwaysThinking

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 10:25 am
Google does have a calendar. If you're anyway using gmail you might find that useful. It's quite simple, but you can have numerous color coded appointments etc. No Jewish info though. I use kaluach desktop for that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 10:27 am
You can integrate HebCal with Google Calendars.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 10:29 am
Just wanted to add that while Cozi is available on computers, I was discussing apps for your galaxy so you'd have them accessible always, without using the default calendar your phone came with. Cozi does allow access on multiple devices which you may find helpful. It has to do lists, calendars, color coded for different family members, etc.

I think using any new app is going to take a bit of time. I'd first start with integrating on google calendars, and then you can find an app you're happy with and take the data from google and import it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics