Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Running music

amother

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 9:44 am
I need good running music!!!! (Secular, contemporary) Anyone out there with suggestions?

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 9:56 am
I like karaoke (instrumental) versions of pop songs, upbeat techno music. I need a strong beat... I don't like exercising to Jewish music, though, even if it is upbeat.

Here are some extremely, extremely random pieces currently on my exercise playlist:

Yeah, My Little Pony.

Electro-Swing music!

(Lindsey Stirling is AMAZING. You should go watch/listen to EVERYTHING she's ever done. Like, right now.)

CatLady

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 10:07 am
I suppose you'll be running on a treadmill (a.k.a. "dreadmill") or on a running track because if you're running outdoors, many people prefer to not have their tunes playing so they can hear oncoming cars, cyclists zooming up from behind, etc. [/Jewish mother's warning]

Sparkpeople has a really long thread of songs that people enjoyed running to. A lot of the songs were cliched (Eye of the Tiger, We Are The Champions, etc.), dance music (Blackeyed Peas, Gaga) and of course running themed songs like Tom Petty's Running Down a Dream, etc.) A guilty pleasure that appeared on many peoples' playlists was Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA. embarrassed There's also a website that lists songs according to beats-per-minute, so if you have a need for speed or are more of a slowpoke like me, you can customize.

I reluctantly gave up running because my hip hated it, but here are some of my faves:

Starships: Nicki Minaj
s-xy Chick: David Guetta
S&M: Rihanna featuring Britney Spears
Is Anybody Out There: K'naan and Nelly Furtado
Summer Paradise: Simple Plan
I Gotta Feeling: BEPs
Pump It: BEPs
s-xy and I know It: LMFAO
Party Rock Anthem: LMFAO
Take it Off: Ke$ha
Tik Tok: Ke$ha
Anything by the cast of Glee, Lady Gaga or Macklemore

Tzippora

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 10:12 am
Anything by Pitbull usually does the trick!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise