Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Jodi Picoult book

forever21

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:09 pm
Ive been reading her book, The Lone Wolf forever and its so boring. For those that have read it, does it have a good ending or should I just stop reading and move on to something else? Im more than halfway through the book but if the ending is as bad as the actual book then ill stop wasting my time. I was quite surprised though bec normally I love reading her books.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:12 pm
Awful book, from beginning to end!!

naomi2

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:29 pm
I really liked it but it was not as good as her other ones.

Tova

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:30 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I really liked it but it was not as good as her other ones.

TOTALLY agree.

imsobored

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:34 pm
I found parts of the book interesting but it dragged on...... I skipped a lot of chapters!

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:15 pm
Not her best book, but read till the end.

bananasplit

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:04 pm
Tova wrote:
naomi2 wrote:
I rea lly liked it but it was not as good as her other ones.

TOTALLY agree.

Me too. Her other books are much better.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 7:01 pm
Her books are hit or miss.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 9:11 pm
Never read it but once I start a book, however awful, scary or just not my style it is, I HAVE TO FINISH!
LOL

Momkan

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 10:10 pm
anyone read her newest one? just finished it.. curious about your reaction to it

bananasplit

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 10:16 pm
I read it. Thought it was very good

syrima

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 10:19 pm
I did not like it at all. It combined lots of Christian characters and dialogue with a vampire story with a fictional Holocaust story. Just the Holocaust fiction part was enough to make me not like it. But then the way it was all switching between the plotlines really made me feel sick.
Why in this world of holocaust deniers would you put the Holocaust and vampires together? I felt she was just doing it to get Jewish readers, that's why she made the main character Jewish. but anyone with a Jewish neshama will probably feel uncomfortable with this book.
And I usually like her books, FTR!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:53 am
Did anyone read "Sing You Home"? I thought it was a lovely book.
But usually her books are hi or miss. I also loved "Plain Truth".

Redbird

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 9:07 am
Iv'e read a bunch of her books. These are what I liked: Change of Heart, 19 minutes, My sisters keeper, Handle with care, and The pact.

Ive read sing you home, but I don't even remember what its about, so I must've not loved it. I saw lone wolf at the library, but it looked boring... first time I said no to a Jodi picoult book.

QUESTION for jodi picoult fans: what other authors do you like? I have a hard time finding books, because the only good authors I know are her and sometimes Nicholas sparks's. I like Jodi picoults book because they have a depth unlike typical romance or thriller type novels. Her books move me.

forever21

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 3:18 pm
leahs mom, here are some authors that I think are good (and I dont read danielle steel books bec its mostly romance without much of anything else):

maeve binchy
kristin hannah
joy fielding
barbara delinsky

I forgot what else but im also looking for more authors bec I read most of the books from the authors I liked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room