Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What to do for 8 yr boy bDay party who doesnt love sports
Previous  1  2

ila

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 4:57 pm
Hi
I did to my son a car wash party, closed a small car wash with two cars inside, the kids washed it and also I brought some bicycles and wrote in the invitation that they could bring also, they had pizza and cake and a great time

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 5:25 pm
DS (another 8yr old who's not into sports--hey maybe our boys should all get together!) was invited to his best friend's lego party. They made smaller module rectangular cakes, put frostings in different colours so that the combined cake looked like a stack of Lego.

What the boys did was to build their own houses or cars or whatever. The most important part is to make sure each kids have the baseboard, and enough lego pieces to go around, it's nice to have maybe one or two older kids/adults to supervise/lend a hand. The best part was the boys got to bring home what they built.

Another parties DS have been to are themed DVD party, so far he's been to StarWars (actually more like jedi party--the host party got the boys to get dressed up in white smock with Velcro belts, and provided rods made out of styrofoams, voila a bunch of 8yr old Jedi knights), and Harry Potter themed party. He was also invited to Mad Science party--I think they made volcano with food dyes, baking soda, vinegar, and pottery party--kids draw designs on already shaped/baked bowls or plates, they receive finished products about a week or so later.

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 5:36 pm
That's an awesome idea (the modular cakes with different colors). I could even buy some small pound cakes and that way I can just focus on the frosting and assembling aspect. Thanks so much!

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 5:37 pm
By the way, all of us with non-sporty kid boys seem to work in law/finance and have corporate desk jobs ... I wonder what the correlation is ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children