Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Plus size custom men's shirts with monograms in Brooklyn

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:11 pm
My father wants one or two custom shirts for his birthday. He is on the shorter size (5'7/8) and quite heavy. He wears like 3X t-shirts type. Anyone know where we can get them in Brooklyn without breaking the bank?

mrshj

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:20 pm
Custom shirts are expensive. And the couple of places my husband went to had a minimum of 3-4 shirts per size. My husband loves shirtsleeves. It is in boro park on 13 avenue and 56 street. They have beautiful quality shirts. The only problem is that the possibilities are endless. About 10 different collars and sleeves to choose from. Buttons. They are really custom shirts. I don't remember the price exactly but I would say 60-75 dollars. If I remember correctly.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:33 pm
cannot imagine anybody having custom made t-shirt type shirts ... dress shirts perhaps

have you searched stores for regular 3x t-shirt / polo shirts for not so tall men ...

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:34 pm
greenfire wrote:
cannot imagine anybody having custom made t-shirt type shirts ... dress shirts perhaps

have you searched stores for regular 3x t-shirt / polo shirts for not so tall men ...

yes, dress shirts but I don't know his dress shirt size, just saying his t-shirt size to give an idea of his size.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:50 pm
oh okay then ... but when you find a custom shirt place that makes larger sizes ... make sure your dad gets to the fitting so it's truly custom ... cause 3x t-shirt is going to be different than a 17 1/2 neck size with 32/33 sleeves

good luck

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:51 pm
p.s. have you looked for custom on line ... might be cheaper than borough park ...

amother

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 12:54 pm
mrshj wrote:
Custom shirts are expensive. And the couple of places my husband went to had a minimum of 3-4 shirts per size. My husband loves shirtsleeves. It is in boro park on 13 avenue and 56 street. They have beautiful quality shirts. The only problem is that the possibilities are endless. About 10 different collars and sleeves to choose from. Buttons. They are really custom shirts. I don't remember the price exactly but I would say 60-75 dollars. If I remember correctly.

My husband loveabtgia store too. There are also Chinese guy who come in 4-5 times a year who do it and are cheaper. I think they will be here this week.

cyber1gost

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 10:02 am
Try Paul Frederick online with introductory offer. Here's a link
https://www.paulfredrick.com/try/try.aspx
You can get up to 4 shirts for $19.95 each. My husband, father and father in law loved them.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 10:15 am
Y don't u try Ben barber. They do Exc quality custom shirts with monogramming. Butt think min on 1st order is 4 shirts. They're in BP 13/41

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 8:15 pm
cyber1gost wrote:
Try Paul Frederick online with introductory offer. Here's a link
https://www.paulfredrick.com/try/try.aspx
You can get up to 4 shirts for $19.95 each. My husband, father and father in law loved them.

this is a great price but how is it truly custom? Scratching Head

How can anything be custom without being fitted in a store?

As for Ben Barber, we have not had good experiences there, let's just put it that way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics