Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need help teaching 13 yr. old girl birds and bees

amother

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 9:16 pm
Please don't direct me to the long discussion on this topic. I've looked through it all, however it hasn't helped me. My daughter is an avid reader (to put it mildly) and has read every single book she can put her hands on. Many innapropriate. In a discussion with her school social worker, it was reccommended I have a discussion with her about all details. I know she knows alot already but I agree it should be presented with the proper hashkafa. I really need help with what and how to say it.
thank you.
we are a very yeshivish/kollel family who lives in an out of town community

Merrymom

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 10:04 pm
Just tell her everything, in an Adam and Chavah kind of way, explaining about becoming one, waiting for marriage, how relations when a niddah are a tremendous avairah (you'd be suprised how many single girls know everything but not this), being wary of sick men and how to protect oneself, etc. The best way to have this discussion sometimes in while driving in the car. This makes it easier if one of you is feeling uncomfortable since you don't have to make eye contact if you don't want to.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 10:07 pm
Since she read a lot and may be misinformed of reality and jewish lifestyle, after giving her an overview please give her the opportunity to ask questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children