Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What is your happiest memory?

aleza

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:48 pm
This should be interesting. For me, I cannot narrow it down to one. There was a time I was at camp as a teen, after a torrential rain, we Messed like crazy in the mud. I don't think I've ever had so much fun with my clothes on, as they say. Then there are those extremely prideful moments as a mom. And certain moments with my husband when we were falling in love.

Striver

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 6:11 pm
I know this sounds generic, but it can't help being my happiest memory: when I held my firstborn for the very first time. I prepared myself for a long, drawn -out delivery and when it all happened so fast and I was suddenly handed my beautiful little boy, I laughed and laughed uncontrollably. It was a majestic moment...

Merrymom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 6:16 pm
My wedding and waking up the next morning , seeing that it was all for real. Pure bliss.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 6:27 pm
Achieving a huge step in my medical issues (think steps towards healing)
Finding out I'm expecting my second after SIF.
both times I cried uncontrollably...

Last edited by amother on Fri, Feb 01 2019, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 6:37 pm
Numerous times at the curtain calls of performances I've danced in and/or directed. Actually, even better is when parents of the students I directed would tell me how thankful they are to me for making their daughter shine, telling me how much fun the girls had and how proud they are of themselves.

My art is such a labor of love, and the catharsis/joy/pride I feel afterwards leaves me high for DAYS. Music

Sherri

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 8:34 pm
I like this thread. Smile

anonymom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 9:10 pm
All my children when they were small cozy around me on the couch while I read to them and I was the center of their universe.

I wouldn't have thought of this if op hadn't said something similar but I have really nice memories of walking in the rain with my children and also when I was a kid once the bungalow colony got flooded and we waded in the grass up to our necks.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 9:31 pm
Mine is bittersweet.

The night I found out my mother was engaged.

My parents divorced when I was an infant and my father phoned or visited every couple of years - ie. totally not involved. I used to desperately wish my mother would get remarried. I davened for it so yard on yom kippur. Then one day in camp (I was 11) I got a phone call that she was engaged. I was over the moon. Ecstatic. I remember the feeling so well.

Unfortunately, as soon as I came home from camp that all changed and I started counting down the days until I could leave home (6 long years).

But I've never forgotten that incredible excitement and happiness I felt for those couple of days, and mostly on that first night.

Hope I didn't mar the thread, and I hope you all understand why I'm posting as amother.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 10:42 pm
I love this thread!!

baskrox

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 10:35 am
Friday night kiddush as a child. Looking around the table, surrounded by my parents and siblings, everyone sparkling clean, dressed nicely, anticipating the yummy challah, soup, and potato kugel. Total peace and happiness! I'll never forget that feeling.

lk1234

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 11:23 am
Finding out in the or after having a C-section that I had a baby girl. It is a joy that I can't put into words. It's like what good thing did I do in my life that I deserve this gift.

I still feel that way sometimes when I look at her.

mandr

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 12:29 pm
The kiss and embrace in the Yichud room!

GramaNewYork

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 12:35 pm
The days of comaraderie at Bnei Akiva youth groups and camp.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 1:02 pm
My family hates when I say this, but my best day was the day I found out I passed the New York State bar exam!!

lavender_dew

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 1:09 pm
When my DD woke up in the middle of the night to breastfeed, I went to her crib and she smiled at me for the first time when she saw me. I was so filled with joy I was practically frozen in time. It took me a few minutes to pick her up because I wanted to remember that moment forever: my baby lying there, kicking and squirming like infants do, in her tiny pajamas, looking up at her mommy and smiling to see her. G-d willing I will have many more of that "first" moment!

cookiejar

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 10:47 pm
When each of my babies were bon - nothing like the rush of gratitude upon seeing a healthy baby, and the sheer relief and bliss of being through the whole thing with a new person in my arms. What a high - literally!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational