Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help me choose a low cost tablet please!

noosheen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:36 pm
Please help me choose a tablet. I recently purchased a Blackberry playbook on Ebay for about 100 dollars (that is my price point). I am used to BB as I have a blackberry phone & like it but the charging system was faulty & returned it. I don't want to run into the same problem again, so I am not buying another one. I wax also very disappointed as I thought I would be able to watch netflix on it but could not. My main prrpose of this tablet is to watch movies or read books on it when I exervise. Not heavy duty usage.

Please advise! There are so many tablets on the market now I don't knoe what to get . Again, I my budget is not more than $100. Thanx

mirror

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:41 pm
Do you have wifi?

A decent Nook from Barnes & Nobles costs about $150 new and excellent display for Netflix, but you need wifi access.

noosheen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:43 pm
Yes I have wifi. What is the brand name of it?

wow

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:46 pm
The kindle fire is awesome! You can get a refurbished one for $129.00 or a brand new one for $159.00. Worth every penny.
btw they say that the refurbished ones are really unused. Its items that were returned unopened due to wrong address... mistakes... etc but they are not allowed to sell it as new once its restocked.

noosheen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:47 pm
Just saw some Nooks on ebay for about 50 to 60 dollars. Thanks

wow

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:48 pm
Oh kindle fire also works with wifi. IMO its better than the nook. Much better options and apps... its from amazon amd they are fully loaded! Tons of free apps too. Cheap books... etc

wow

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 7:50 pm
Also if you get the fire make sure to get the second generation. Much more updated.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 6:56 am
I was looking for a tablet, I would have got the kindle fire (or google nexus) but in the end I got the 7inch samsung galaxy tab because the kindle fire at the time did not work properly in my country. I'm glad I got the tab because it has a camera and you can use it for skype - not sure if you can skype (with video) on a fire. The galaxy is not that much more then the fire.

I've also heard good things about the google nexus.

September June

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:28 pm
I have the Galaxy Tab and I am very happy with it. I had the Kindle Fire before that and the Galaxy Tab is much, much better.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:42 pm
check out cowboom.com

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:49 pm
September June wrote:
I have the Galaxy Tab and I am very happy with it. I had the Kindle Fire before that and the Galaxy Tab is much, much better.

just to point out there are two sizes of galaxy tabs - 10.1 and 7. the bigger size costs more. I actually originally got the 10.1 but I had to return it (for a complicated reason, nothing to do with quality)and got the 7 instead. kindle fire is also 7 inch I think, but if you want it for movies you may prefer the bigger size, although I find the 7 inch fine for that purpose.

I've had it for almost a year and am pretty happy with it. You can put an sd card in for additional storage. battery life is not great compared to the ipad. we have an ipad and the ipad is for sure better but much more money.

wow

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 1:36 pm
OP was saying that she doesn't want to spend too much, just about 100... that's why didn't mention the galaxy tab, as that is more $$.
As for the kindle fire, the second generation ones have a cam for video chat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics