Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Is it only me? I need company to go to speeches.............

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 9:38 am
If I don't have company to go to a speech, school function, gathering, even a Simcha, I just don't go. I've gone places with no company in the past and felt miserable. (My husband has no problem with going somewhere himself. He doesn't mind sitting alone. I would have no problem if I were able to sit with him, but we live in an Ultra frum community, and we are Ultra frum ourselves).
I feel uncomfotable sitting somewhere where I see others around me have company to talk to and I don't. Do others feel the same way? It is partially because I live in a community that is only friendly to those they know from before and those they feel similar to.

momof6

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 10:01 am
VERY common!! Most ppl are uncomfortable in a crowd of new faces! Have that in mind and look around for another lonely person! You can be the person who makes them feel more comfortable! Youl do a mitzvah and you'll feel better too!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 10:05 am
"Location: not in NY" under your username, SAYS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:08 am
I know just what you feel like. There are plenty of functions I did not go to, because I did want to go by myself

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:12 am
NY2434 wrote:
I know just what you feel like. There are plenty of functions I did not go to, because I did want to go by myself

And we're all paying out of our noses to either rent/ buy houses in this Heilige community. Oy. Rolling Eyes
(I will admit we have the best Chesed organizations though).

momof6

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:16 am
I've lived most my life in NY
Wink Yeah I love Pittsburgh
Believe me most the ppl at functions feel thye same way you do.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:51 am
I learned to go everywhere myself. on trips,where-ever, you name it. at first it was kinda strange, but after a while I discovered that im good compnay!
having said that. YES it does tick me off that dh is the biggest couch spud that has ever sprouted in the state of NY. but I decided that its not gonna hold me back.

Squash

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:55 am
amother wrote:
If I don't have company to go to a speech, school function, gathering, even a Simcha, I just don't go. I've gone places with no company in the past and felt miserable. (My husband has no problem with going somewhere himself. He doesn't mind sitting alone. I would have no problem if I were able to sit with him, but we live in an Ultra frum community, and we are Ultra frum ourselves).
I feel uncomfotable sitting somewhere where I see others around me have company to talk to and I don't. Do others feel the same way? It is partially because I live in a community that is only friendly to those they know from before and those they feel similar to.

I could've written this word for word!!!! Maybe we should go together next time?!!! 8)

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:58 am
Squash wrote:
amother wrote:

I could've written this word for word!!!! Maybe we should go together next time?!!! 8)

OP here. I'm prob. old enuf to be your grandmother.

Squash

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 12:08 pm
I don't see a problem with that, do you? And why would you think so anyway? Wink

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 12:45 pm
Quote:
Yeah I love Pittsburgh

Another Pittsburgher! I grew up there and have family there. I so glad im back in NY well sort of anyway but I love to visit.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 1:12 pm
Op I am the same exactly Wink but I sometimes end up going anyways ............

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 1:12 pm
I don't go to parties/functions.. Period.. not with company, not w/out company. I do very bad in crowds, even if I know most of the ppl. it's just too much for me and I get bored within 5 minutes..
same thing with weddings.. I barely go out..

but to a dr or hospital I love going alone... I like finding the way myself.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 5:51 pm
I feel for ya, OP. I do often go by myself but don't like it . . . .

momof6

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 9:09 pm
"OP here. I'm prob. old enuf to be your grandmother".[/quote]

I'm going to a dinner in 2 days w/ a freind in her late eighties. She's great company! She tells the best stories! I learn so much from her! She also is hard of hearing,so sh's a pleasure to have over. She keeps telling me how well behaved my kids are (they fight behnd her back)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics