Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Agudah Midwest for Boys

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 11:46 pm
Can you please share your experiences?

TIA!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 7:02 pm
Anyone, please????

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 8:24 pm
Okay, but not great. The campgrounds are comparatively small, so most of the highlights involve trips to amusement parks, etc., within driving range. They have a very nice gymnasium for basketball and other indoor activities, but the outdoor sports facilities aren't as nice and were frequently water-logged. My oldest son went one year and enjoyed himself, but he had no particular desire to go back.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 9:32 pm
Fox wrote:
Okay, but not great. The campgrounds are comparatively small, so most of the highlights involve trips to amusement parks, etc., within driving range. They have a very nice gymnasium for basketball and other indoor activities, but the outdoor sports facilities aren't as nice and were frequently water-logged. My oldest son went one year and enjoyed himself, but he had no particular desire to go back.

Thank you fox! What about the administration? Are they nice/helpful/friendly/warm? Do they try hard to work with the parents, or do they have the don't-complain-you're-lucky-we-accepted-you attitude?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 9:33 pm
Also, how recent was your son's experience? (Just wondering if they fixed up their physical problems since your son's summer).

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 9:58 pm
I found the administration very nice and helpful. My son's experience was about five years ago. I wouldn't describe the physical issues as "problems" -- more that you need to have realistic expectations. We're not talking about hundreds of acres of rolling woods and hills . . . the camp is very compact and doesn't have the sense of being in the forest that many camps have. Not a problem, necessarily -- just something to be aware of.

Marriedinisrael

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 12:31 pm
Can only describe my own experience in the girls' half years ago- but Agudah Midwest was an amazingly good experience- the campgrounds don't make a camp, but the administration, counselors, and such are top notch. Go in with realistic expectations for the grounds, because they aren't ritzy, but the warmth and atmosphere is perfect.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 2:59 pm
It's going back a long time, but over the years I had 12 children who went to Agudah MW (many of whom also served on staff there) and all loved it. Now have 1 grandson there who is very happy with it too.

The grounds are small, but have been improved a lot over the years.

I remember DD telling me once as the buses pulled into camp, a New Yorker commenting, "Oh, it looks nice,l but where's the rest of it?". The NYers felt that it looked like the teen camp part of the camps they were familiar with. It is small, but it is a well run camp and most are happy there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children