Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
CEA HOW Outreach

PrincessGirl

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 11:40 pm
I have been in CEA HOW now for six months. Ever since I joined Ive been slipping and sliding. I recently recommitted my abstinence and on day2!!!!! Go me!!! I hope it lasts!!!

Anyone else in CEA HOW that can share ESH!!! I would especially appreciate ESH from those who slipped and slipped and then just got it!!!

Also I need more numbers for out reach! People I can connect to in the program!!! If you are comfortable to PM me with your number so I can call for outreach.

I just need Chizuk! Ive been at this for too long!!!!! I need to see the Miracle!!!

Thank you!!!

amother

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 11:56 pm
What is ESH?

Are you working the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous? If not, of course you are slipping back into the food as you are not treating the addiction.

PrincessGirl

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 12:04 am
Experience Strength and Hope....OF course I am...who is In CEA HOW and does not work the twelve steps???

bamamama

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 2:43 am
How far are you in the steps? I found the magic happened for me after steps 4&5. I'm just doing regular OA. Have you listened to Lawrie C's podcasts about working the steps the Big Book way? I had previously done a step 4 and then re-did it after listening to these podcasts and it was SOOOOOO different.

http://www.oabigbook.info/

The podcast is at the bottom of the page. The book-length step-study really helped me as well.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 7:10 am
PrincessGirl wrote:
Experience Strength and Hope....OF course I am...who is In CEA HOW and does not work the twelve steps???

Are you serious?
Plenty of people.

It's the biggest problem with OA (and OA spin-offs today).
People focus on the tools - sponsorship, meetings, reading, writing and don't work the steps with a recovered sponsor. And if they work the steps it's not the way the Big Book (book of Alcohols Anonymous) lays out.

Banamama is right - Lawrie's site is excellent. I read the pdf document on the site but never realized there were podcasts too to listen to. Interesting.

Working the steps will treat the "insanity" in your mind that keeps telling you it's OK to go back into the food.

bamamama

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
PrincessGirl wrote:

Are you serious?
Plenty of people.

It's the biggest problem with OA (and OA spin-offs today).
People focus on the tools - sponsorship, meetings, reading, writing and don't work the steps with a recovered sponsor. And if they work the steps it's not the way the Big Book (book of Alcohols Anonymous) lays out.

Banamama is right - Lawrie's site is excellent. I read the pdf document on the site but never realized there were podcasts too to listen to. Interesting.

Working the steps will treat the "insanity" in your mind that keeps telling you it's OK to go back into the food.

His podcasts are great. I can only get to one F2F meeting per week and I find the podcasts help fill the gap for me (along with using the other tools).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise