Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Whats your opinion on hotel swimming pools? would you go ?

OMG!

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:27 pm
I'm on my way to a hotel that has an indoor and outdoor pool. I love swimming and I would go if the pool is empty. But is it at all allowed to go with other guests? What about dh?
Any advice on what to do?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:29 pm
I would not go at all. My dh would MAYBE go as long as there are no ladies there. But the second one would walk in he would get out.

momX4

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:36 pm
Some hotel pools are open really late. Go when its dark and might have the pool for yourself.

chani8

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:37 pm
I don't think you're allowed to ask that question on imamother because what you are asking is if you could violate the halacha of mixing, and mixing in a not tznius environment of all places. There will be near naked men and women there!! Wink

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:42 pm
But chani, there are women on this site that go mixed swimming and there are for sure husbands of these women who go mixed swimming.

I for one would go the way that I go to the beach, in a bathing suit and tshirt and long shorts and with my hair covered, but then again my husband goes mixed swimming, so I dont know if my answer is what you were looking for.
If I owned one of those tzniut bathing suits, I would sit very comfortably and enjoy myself completely (am now looking into getting one as a friend told me she loves them)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 2:34 pm
I have this question myself...I don't feel comfortable mixed swimming but would love to be able to swim! (no women's only hours where we live) we just went away last weekend & since there was no one in the pool dh took a quick swim & I put my feet in the water..

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 4:00 pm
quite often there's nobody at hotel pools early in the evening & it's still light out ... that's when I would take advantage
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics