Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Girls choir on jewish radio?!

stem

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 9:51 am
I just heard a song by the shira girls choir played on jewishbroadcast.com! shock Exploding anger

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 9:56 am
some allow girls singing all together, and there are those who say radio is not kol isha either . . .

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 9:57 am
why are u so angry? girls have rights too ya know and if they are a group kol eisha is not nogea

stem

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:00 am
I'm upset because their tape says on it for women and girls only. There's no way she would have given permission for the songs to play on the radio.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:01 am
when I was in sem I was in the choir, which sang on tv - we were told it was fine bec we were a group 8)

Basya

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:03 am
I heard it too!!!!

I just went back in to the Jewish broadcast opening page and posted a comment that I did not think it was right to play it- It specifically says on the tape -FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS ONLY!!!

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:58 am
stem wrote:
I'm upset because their tape says on it for women and girls only. There's no way she would have given permission for the songs to play on the radio.

100%
regardless of someone else's hashkafa

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:21 am
Are you upset because a man may have heard it and there may be an issue of kol isha? or are you upset because it went against the wishes of the singers by being played on the radio and it might have been heard by a man? For those of you that have the cd if you are listening to it and a man or boy passes through the area where he might hear it do you shut it off?

stem

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:38 am
1. A man listening to a jewish radio does not expect to hear women singing. Many do not hear women singing even on tape, and had they known that there was a chance of it, would not tune in.
2. Playing it is against the choir/leader/producer's explicit wishes

Amother who was in the choir, my sister was in it too, and is a soloist on their first cd. Feel free to PM me if you want. Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:48 am
Jewish radios here have women singers, but I'm sure they agree to be there! When I was much younger, I was a singer and very proud when I was on the radio! Not that it happened very often though.

Now, if the singers don't agree, there is a big problem. Apart from that, no problem for me. If a man is against listening, he can just turn off the radio.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:57 am
stem wrote:
1. A man listening to a jewish radio does not expect to hear women singing. Many do not hear women singing even on tape, and had they known that there was a chance of it, would not tune in.

Amother who was in the choir, my sister was in it too, and is a soloist on their first cd. Feel free to PM me if you want. Very Happy

it wasnt this choir - it was my sems choir!

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:20 pm
Did any men complain to the radio station?
Did the producers of the cd call the radio station to complain?
If not then who cares?

Last edited by brooklyn on Thu, Jan 18 2007, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 5:15 pm
Quote:
Did any men complain to the radio station?
Did the producers of the cd call the radio dation to complain?
If not then who cares?

amother wrote:

Tell your sister that the CD is the single most played one we own. We had the cassette originally but it went bad from overplay. Before my dd went away to camp we replaces it and bought the 2nd cd. She was too too happy.

amother wrote:
Amother who was in the choir, my sister was in it too, and is a soloist on their first cd. Feel free to PM me if you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics