Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shabbat clothes for a 7 y/o girl...only cotton

chanainisrael

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:42 am
Where should I shop? Looking for cotton only. Particularly looking in the BS area, but willing to travel to J'lem if needed. Any places recommended? Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:28 am
Can you do Ebay? Search for the "Bonnie Jean" brand, they make gorgeous, modest dresses in cotton. Some of them are sun dresses, but you can wear a long sleeve T under them and they look great. They're all machine washable, don't shrink, and hold up like crazy. I buy them second hand, DD wears them until they're outgrown, and then they get passed around the community. I see DD's outgrown dresses on other girls all over the place, and they still look as good as the day I bought them.

Crazy expensive to buy new, but if you get them on Ebay you can pay $10 to $15 each for them. The quality is just outstanding. (Keep in mind, they are cut to fit average children. If your DD is chubby, they won't fit right.)

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:32 am
We only buy cotton. We go to regular stores (not in frum areas!) and there are plenty of selections out there. This time of year has sales at the malls.

SingALong

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:52 am
Do you have a Zara near you? I get my dd lots of cotton dresses from there. They tend to run short so I usually add a piece of material on bottom.

yogabird

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:59 am
PARTY on Yaffo near tachane mercazit has a really nice selection and is VERY reasonably priced. They even have some designer closeouts for pennies.

chanainisrael

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 2:45 pm
Thanks ladies! Where is the PARTY store on Yaffo? Across from the light rail stop?

yogabird

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 2:49 pm
A few doors down from the main entrance to the tachana mercazit mall

chanainisrael

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 4:04 pm
What are the prices you pay at Zara? Do they have sales? It has been years since I"ve been to a Zara store (and that was in Europe). The Malcha mall has one, right? Anywhere else in J'lem?

Thanks!

yogabird

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 12:09 pm
AFAIK, the only one in Jerusalem is in the Malcha Mall. They're probably having end of season sales now.

momaleh

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 2:08 pm
There is a branch of Candy in rbsb, on Yehudah Hanasi.
There is also a leader store, which is almost completely 100% cotton clothing, in rbsb, and I believe they just opened one last week in rbsa.

chanainisrael

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 3:45 am
I went to the PARTY store a few days ago with DD. It was so nice to find a few things to wear for Shabbos and at a great price!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions