Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Answering machine/phone

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 4:10 pm
We go through telephones and answering machines every few years.

Does anyone else have that?

Meema2Kids

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 4:06 pm
I just bought a new phone this week. I have gone through several very nice (ie expensive) phones in the last ten years. Maybe it is because they are kept in the kitchen. BH the answering machine is still working though. Smile

Ruchel

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 8:26 pm
I like to change my cell phone every year or so, but it's still working when I do. Apart from that, the phones seem to last for a few years before becoming all weird.

shopaholic

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 9:27 am
We just replaced our answering machine after 5-6 years & only because DH broke the plug because he was trying to jam it into a hole he drilled in the side of the cabinet. As for phones, yeah every few years they kinda go bust. In 7 years I think we've had 2 or three.

realeez

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 9:29 am
get one from costco!
as long as you have the package you can keep returning it as often as it breaks! that's what they told us.

we bought a phone and machine in one from there. so far it's working!

shoy18

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 9:30 am
We dont use an answering machine anymore, we have voicemail on the internet or you can call a number and get it too.

But with phones I find the same thing nothing lasts to long anymore

Yael

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 3:36 pm
we went through phones like water till we got a uniden, caller id, light up display, dual phone set.
we finally got the courage to spend a little more, 70-100 (we thought it would break right away too) but it was so worth it!!
we've had it for almost a year now, and its like new still.
later I heard that its rated one of the best on the market in consumer reports.
(if you are looking for it, you can find it in walmart. it has an orange screen and lights.)

our answering machine has lasted about 6 yrs and still going.

Flowerchild

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 3:44 pm
we dont use an answering machine, its either online or calling a number something like that but after 4 years this is our second phone.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 11:11 pm
a phone every few years???? we went through at least 3 in the past 9 months alone!

There was the one that my two year old threw in the toilet, (200.00 phones dont hold up all that well to dunkings!)

and the one that fell in the garbage can, and when we looke d for it my 3 1/2 Yael old informed me that the garbage man had taken it away! (he saw it fall in and did not feel aneed to inform anyone about it!)

Not to mention the one that just wont charge anymore!

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 8:45 am
I also just lost a phone to the toilet. Rolling Eyes

Tovah

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 8:56 am
ya we lost one to the toilet too abt a month ago, but we needed to get another phone anyways.

we have the ge ones they work well as long as they don't get thrown in the toilet. as far as answering machines we have voice mail.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 9:55 pm
For me, it's Costco only! Phone breaks, no problem, put it back into its box (save it!) and return it, no questions asked!
Whatever I need, if Costco has it I buy it there. Fan, heater, stapler, electric sharpener, Yamaha, phone, dvd's, whatever! Gotta love their return policy! Just like Lands' End!

Tila

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 12:24 pm
I have not seen the other posts, but we have call ans. I like it cuz it is multi function. It picks up when you are on the phone, and if a person hangs up you can recall the # to see who calls this last feature is free. here it is 5 a month
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars