Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Monsey

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 12:14 pm
I'yh within the next year we hope/plan on moving to the Monsey area from Flatbush. Can someone please tell me - where do frum BY/Torah Vodas type of familes live? We are a young family hoping to buy a house- looking for an area where I will have neighbors but not everyone on top of each other, and a generally young frum crowd? I feel so clueless but I'm hoping someone here can shed some information as to where I should start.

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 1:14 pm
If your kids are really young (8 and under) try to look into Chestnut Ridge area - off of the 45. They have a shul already and I heard that there may be a rov there as well. The frum people are spread out a bit, but there are about 30 families (maybe even more by now).

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:27 pm
Thanks- that's what some people have been telling us- is that a development or just houses on streets? new houses or old houses? any park in the area there?

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 3:09 pm
There are no developments there (they are in monsey, if that's what you are looking for). They are houses with grass and trees and space. The houses aren't new. If you know how to navigate Zillow.com then you can see information about houses for sale there (size, age..)

It doesn't hurt to drive to monsey for a day and drive around.

There is a park there "Childrens park" but I don't think its walkable. A lot of people put up swingsets in their backyards.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 4:44 pm
There are a lot more than 30 families in Chestnut Ridge and a lot more than one shul. There are 6 shuls within very close walking distance to me. The neighbohood is expanding exponentially. I am not sure why the recommendation for only young kids. There are kids of all ages and many young adults who live with their parents.

Anonymous because of the identifying details.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 4:54 pm
You can also check out Kiryas Radin.

ez-pass

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 5:05 pm
Kiryas radin is only for kolell couples. There are a lot of families in chestnut ridge. There are different parts of chestnut ridge. The birds are in the prime but there are people buying now in dexter park, which is a bit more out but families are buying there now so there will be a shul there.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 5:07 pm
OP here

What else is there besides for Chestnut Ridge- it seems like the houses are really far apart from each other.... I'm coming from Flatbush and I'd like to have some company/neighbors.

Are there any developments where the houses are not attached but are close nearby?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 6:44 pm
op here

what kind of crowd is in Bluefield Gardens? Chassidish?

sr1

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
op here

what kind of crowd is in Bluefield Gardens? Chassidish?

yes very

solo

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 10:43 pm
I am looking at houses in monsey too. I've been to chestnut ridge several times. The community is very start up. In an area of 300 homes aprox 30 r frum. There is one shul within walking distance and a fri night minyan in someone's house.
If you specifically want houses that r close together your best bet is in a development. There is a new one near ashar. You can check it out on realtyteams.com.
What is your price range?

thinkermother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 11:31 pm
There is a beautiful new development called Parkview which is on corner maple avenue and route 45. It has a very mixed crowd. Might be something of interest for you.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:36 pm
op here

Thanks for your responses- We'd like to spend at most around 400,000.

I will try looking into this Parkview development. Thanks

sem girl

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 3:29 pm
You may be interested in looking into Glen Hill Condominiums. A new development being built now.
check out their website http://jdzign.com/clickandmark......html

amother

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 3:43 pm
Do you know what type of crowd is buying in that new development?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 3:57 pm
It seems from the pictures that it for chassidim- thanks though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating