Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BYA or BYBP

timeout

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 9:09 am
Hi everyone.........................
My girls are currently in BYBP but we just moved to Flatbush a block from BYA. BYA accepted us but I don't know if I should switch or not?????????????????
If I stay in BYBP I will have to drive every morning since my little one cannot go on varsity and coming home parking will be koo koo. I also have a 5 month old who I will have to shlep every day and then drive in circles with!!!!!!!!

Need Advice...........................

Thanks

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 9:27 am
Bya is a great school. Why are you hesitating?

timeout

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 12:14 pm
Hesitation to change just because of neighborhood, only if its a great school!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 12:17 pm
I live in the teens K and L and I know that the Bais Yaakov bus stop is huge. I would not switch my kids school. I'm sure you would be able to arrange a carpool.

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 12:19 pm
bybp has private bus if you are willing to pay for your little one.

timeout

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 1:55 pm
Anybody know how to find a carpool. My little one can't go on varsity. Private is very expensive

STovah

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 2:10 pm
timeout wrote:
Anybody know how to find a carpool. My little one can't go on varsity. Private is very expensive

Get a class list from the school and start making calls. (The free school buses aren't really referred to as "varsity buses" outside of Boro Park)

STovah

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 2:11 pm
Why don't you keep the older girls in BYBP and start your younger one in BYA for kindergarden?

timeout

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 3:08 pm
Don't u think it would be hard 2 different schools???

amother

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 3:11 pm
There are 3 huge bybp bus stops right near there. Personally I find that Bybp education seems much more of a nurturing environment and am very impressed with the education. Bya is a high pressured environment. If it were me and I was happy in BYBp I would stay.

(I have nieces in both schools and compare what they do to my own.)

amother

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 9:41 am
BYA is on my corner. Hi new neighbor! I send to BYBP. I never even considered BYA because I heard there's tremendous academic and social pressure there. There are many BYBP bus stops around here, and if you're sending an older child along, many bus drivers look away and allow preschoolers on the bus. I sent my daughter on the big bus in kindergarten and pre-1-A. Nobody bothered me about it, and she was thrilled!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 10:42 am
I had to decide this year for kg whether to send to bya of bybp as I live right near bya also.

after a loooooooooottttttttttttt of talking to ppl we are sending to bybp.

Just bec bya is closer isn't a reason for me to send there if I feel she will be happier in bybp.

timeout

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 2:32 pm
can any of my new neighbors PM me I decided to stay in BYBP even though I was accepted to BYA now I need info on the closest bust stop??? Neighborhood info and if anyone has girls or boys my kids ages DD 9 yo DD 4 1/2 yo DS 12 yo and DS 5 months K"H

Thanks

allergypro

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 8:50 pm
Hi, I am one of the "amothers", and I pmed you. And now I'm going to hijack your thread! If anyone here lives in this area and either does not have a carpool, or has one but it's not full, can you please pm me????
Note: This is only for no transportation days.
I have a minivan, and 2 girls, and I'm desperately seeking a carpool. TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics